ARRL Ham Radio Licence Manual available to site members-

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
BT - dinner isn't required, how about a :beer: at the Brew Pub? We need to get the Prescott crew together some evening!

Yup, missed one :( The examiners wouldn't tell me which one tho - I was very curious to find out what I screwed up on. Between the ARRL Tech Exam manual and QRZ, it was pretty easy. I read the book cover to cover, answered the question pool in the manual, and then took the practice exams on QRZ in sequence 3 times. Four times thru the multiple question pool did the trick.

So, if anyone wants to pass the exam, please borrow the book! It's over $30.00 if you purchase one - get it here for the cost of shipping!

While I've been waiting for the testing date, I've had the chance to learn about the Yaesu FT2800. I've got the ARA repeaters, (http://www.w7ara.org/Web/), and a few other local repeaters setup in the radio. The ARA has several repeaters w/ open autopatch capability, along with a linked repeater (Mt. Elden to Mt Ord) that services a huge chunk of AZ.

Later

Mark

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
crawler#976 said:
So, if anyone wants to pass the exam, please borrow the book! It's over $30.00 if you purchase one - get it here for the cost of shipping!

:victory: Just missed one huh? I thought you were going for 100%!

Mark, Can I be next in line for the book?

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
crawler#976 said:
BT - dinner isn't required, how about a :beer: at the Brew Pub? We need to get the Prescott crew together some evening!

Sounds very good to me, although I am guessing Scott won't be able to make it until after the end of this month. (We can go and practice next week though, for when he gets back! :p )

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
NOTICE:

As of 30 Sept 2006 the ARRL Tech Licence Manual will be in Mesa, AZ. at FlyingWil's. Once he's completed and passed his exam, it will be available.

Thanks

Mark

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
BajaTaco said:
HERE is the new question pool (.pdf file), effective July 1, 2006 and good until June 30, 2010.

BX is probably right. But I haven't compared them myself, so if anyone knows what the differences are supposed to be, feel free to post up. You can compare with the old one if you want to - here is the page with the links to the files. The Technician class pools are "Element 2". From the wording provided, I get the feeling the pool was just updated to reflect changes in FCC rules, and to get rid of errors or ommissions.

I could use the question pool .pdf as a study guide correct?
It has the qeustions, and the correct answer noted.

The questions on the official test come from this pool??

Thanks

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
If you don't want to read the ARRL guide, your best bet is:

http://www.qrz.com/p/testing.pl

I read thru the guide, then did the tests in order on QRZ probably a dozen times before taking the exam.

The one thing I'll say for reading the book is that you will actually learn what the questions relate to vs. memorizing answers.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, I still want to read the book to learn it but in the meantime I figure I could be preparing for the test somehow.

If no one is in line behind Wil for the book I'd like to request it next.

Thanks

Brian

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
mcvickoffroad said:
I could use the question pool .pdf as a study guide correct?
It has the qeustions, and the correct answer noted.

The questions on the official test come from this pool??

Thanks

Yes, and yes.

I agree - the QRZ link is a great way to prepare too. And what crawler said about the book is right on too.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design