Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Cool shots Pat. Sadly our Monsoon season has had a slow start so far. Maybe this weekend we'll get a chance for some lightning. :costumed-smiley-007

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Thanks Brad. Funny because I was talking to a friend who lives in Phoenix and she says "Monsoon season, we dont get rain in Arizona?"

She's only lived there for a year, so she's clueless:)

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
When the conditions are right the monsoon supported storms get pretty intense. Hopefully your friend in Phx will get a good taste soon. :sombrero:

HB 4X4

Adventurer
Pat-
Great shots! Do you just use 30 second exposures and let the lightning strike on it's own or do you do anything special with the settings?

What lens did you use?

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
4802460785_daf68a7b7d_b.jpg

4803090510_e024543128_b.jpg

4803091244_bb92257fef_b.jpg

:sombrero:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Wow. Great model to work with but I really like the first shot with just the lipstick in focus. Well done. :wings:

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Wow. Great model to work with but I really like the first shot with just the lipstick in focus. Well done. :wings:

I'm with Brad, all the shots are really good, but that first one just speaks to me for some reason. Almost like a good advertisement that leaves you looking at it no matter what it's advertising

Pat-
Great shots! Do you just use 30 second exposures and let the lightning strike on it's own or do you do anything special with the settings?

What lens did you use?

I started another thread explaining what I've recently been using for my lightning shots. AEO Lightning Trigger.

All my shots I've been posting, well anything that is really wide is shot with a Canon 5D (Full Frame Camera) and a Canon 16-35mm lens. Amazing set-up

I sold my Sigma 17-35 to XJBanker because I loved the wideness of the 17mm side of the lens, but it wouldnt work on the fullframe 5D. Once I let it go, I was going through withdrawl and broke down and bought the 16-35, which has been a dream of mine for years now.

The wife made me clean out the closet and sell a bunch of stuff to fund it, but she went out shooting with it the other day and now she's pissed we didnt have it years ago...LOL She should listen to me more often:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach