Aux Beam Switch Panel wiring help

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Hey Expo Fam!

Recently got an Aux Beam switch panel and I have some lights and a few other things to wire up. Right now the lights are a set of BD XL Pros and some S2 chase lights.

Wiring is not a strength by any means and quite frankly it seriously intimidates me.

So here’s what I have
4e8833114222a83a8646092bbb2a8688.jpg

Pretty simple, right? False!

Everything looks pretty straight forward as far as mounting, wiring the lights to the control panel, mounting the switches, etc.

My question is regarding this guy
b571f951d9be8450e32e0016209f1c3d.jpg

Now, I know it’s an add a fuse. My question is where does this go? It’s meant to power the switch panel. It looks pretty simple but I’m absolutely over thinking it. If my research is correct, it should go in the fuse box for simplest installation, correct? Would the fuse box under the hood or In the cab be preferable?

Since the fuse is 5 amp, do I need to find a 5a ACC spot to put this on and go from there? Overloading wires is a big concern and I’d prefer to not watch My truck burn due to an electrical problem….

Hoping some of you electrical guys can help me out. Please use normal English and not electrician talk because I’m dumb. Learning about the this stuff is a goal of mine for 2022 and I feel this should be an easy first project.

So any advice, tips or videos (specifically my generation f150) would be awesome.

Thanks!

Mods: if this would be better suited elsewhere please move it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Appreciate the feedback!

So it really is as simple as it seems and I am over thinking it.

Yes, when you’re slightly intimidated even the little things feel like enormous obstacles. Everyone has been there once or twice.

So, even though it is that simple, there is a reasonable argument to avoid factory fuse locations that could disable your entire vehicle if something is loose or goes wrong. I.E. probably don’t use fuel system, ECM, ESP or whatever they call traction control, transmission, headlights, etc…. You want to be thinking about stuff like seat heaters, stereo, stuff you can live without in case of a failure any time you start tapping factory wiring, IMHO.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Yes, when you’re slightly intimidated even the little things feel like enormous obstacles. Everyone has been there once or twice.

So, even though it is that simple, there is a reasonable argument to avoid factory fuse locations that could disable your entire vehicle if something is loose or goes wrong. I.E. probably don’t use fuel system, ECM, ESP or whatever they call traction control, transmission, headlights, etc…. You want to be thinking about stuff like seat heaters, stereo, stuff you can live without in case of a failure any time you start tapping factory wiring, IMHO.
Ah good call! The fuse location I was looking at was indeed for the seat heaters since I don't have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle