Aux switches. What to look at (SPOD, ARB LINX or Switch Pros)

colodak

Adventurer
I had a talk with the guys at Nisstec about this subject a few months ago, if you have the money to spend, Switchpros is the better option, a few Spod folks, including those with the higher end Bantam have said they wished they had gone with Swithcpros. On the lower end, the Amazon specials, Voswitch and one other seemed to get good reviews. Only reason I'm considering Switchpros over the cheaper ones, support availability, most of those cheaper ones seem to lack support if it's needed

4000lbsOfGoat

I've never really understood the high priced alternatives in this space. It's switches.
An SPod (or, I assume, SwitchPro) system is more than just "switches". It is a circuit control computer that requires no additional fuses\breakers\relays. Not only is such a system simpler to install than traditional switches (with attendant protection devices), it is also more flexible and less prone to failure.

4000lbsOfGoat

yeah, same with the 1/4 priced voswitch
Well, to each his own, but I personally don't think that a vehicle electrical system is the place to be trying to save money. I find it very hard to believe that quality and longevity can be replicated for a 1/4 of the price in just about any domain, let alone electronics.

As far as the SPod touchscreen issues go, you don't have to get a touchscreen. The HD switch panel works greats.

Thinman

You are not replacing a "vehicle electrical system", don't be so dramatic.

If anything, relays and fuses are more tried and tested over time in this space then circuit boards.

1625682735363.png

Anyway, not trying to change your mind, as I mentioned, I'm just surprised people are will to pay upwards of $1k on 8 switches.

lol and trust me, I piss away a ton of cash on 'quality' mods for my Jeep. Just don't understand it here is all.

CoreyHendo

MANY good reviews for these on Amazon and YouTube. I can't see spending three to four times this for a very similar product. There are both six and eight button options.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
x2 on the auxbeam. I have looked into it myself and it seems to be the same exact setup minus the brand name and the review seems to be the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78