AXEL ADVENTURE 2013 JKU Overland (slooooow) build

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
I have been looking at the options for backup lights, and my plan is a SPDT switch from OTRATTW (something like part #V6D2UHNB) with the lower trigger being the reverse lights, and the upper trigger being the switch. This would give me the positions of On, Off, Reverse. Also with the lamps being independent I can set one up to be illuminated with the dash lights, and the second to be illuminated with the manual on setting.

I've been looking at OTRATTW switches but my light arrangement is up in the air...

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
Looking good! I have the ARB Stubby also but on a 2 door and was thinking about getting a Zeon 8S. Wonder if I would still have to notch the bumper like you did (don't really care about the frame part).

Hope you don't mind a photo!

1970360_500281566742679_937021722_n.jpg

Love the ARB STUBBY bumper and thanks for posting a pic. I had a 2010 JKU Mango-Tango and when I was upgrading to a 2013 I was searched for an orange Jeep.
What snorkel do you have? Could you post a pic?

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
Ok, I've been so busy that I haven't been able to do anything to the Jeep. I did start to install the RIGID D2 Flush mounts in the rear ARB bumper but decided that they were a little large. Soooooooooooooooo, my lighting is TOTALLY up in the air. I've got ideas but they will need to wait till I get back from my kids spring break. Going to be busy this week preparing for travel this coming Sat...

Soon it will be goodbye GA, HELLO FL......

1) Install GENESIS dual battery
2) Install GENESIS dual light bkts w/ RIGID Flood & D2 Spot
3) Install WARRIOR steel replacement tag bkt
4) Ordering a GOBI rack in the morning...
5) Ordering ARB awning for rack in the morning...
6) Ordering ARB fridge after Spring Break...
7) Ordering (depending on funds) ARB LED lights...

This will keep me busy for awhile and will not get anything done while I'm gone, so I'll check back in once a have something new to post....

AeroSynch

Adventurer
Love the ARB STUBBY bumper and thanks for posting a pic. I had a 2010 JKU Mango-Tango and when I was upgrading to a 2013 I was searched for an orange Jeep.
What snorkel do you have? Could you post a pic?

Thanks man. It's an AEV snorkel as I like how it looks and mounts better than the ARB one.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396273883.874960.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396273883.874960.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 22
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396273908.750110.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396273908.750110.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
Well we are back from spring break and trying to get back to normal. I was able to pick up a few parts from the powder coaters and get them installed before we left.

I am very happy with the Poison Spider body armors fit and finish. I knew I didn't want to go with black powder coating and think the white gives a sutle look while still giving protection.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I had the Genesis Off-Road dual light bracket powder coated white also so that it would blend in with the rest of the Jeep. I'll try to get the RIGID lights mounted this weekend.
image.jpg

I'm planning on mounting the RIGID DUALLY FLOOD on the lower mount at a 90 degree angle so it will light everything up on the side of the Jeep, then mount a RIGID DUALLY SPOT at a 45 degree angle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 13
Looking good! I have the ARB Stubby also but on a 2 door and was thinking about getting a Zeon 8S. Wonder if I would still have to notch the bumper like you did (don't really care about the frame part).

Hope you don't mind a photo!

1970360_500281566742679_937021722_n.jpg

^^^
This Jeep is my screen saver right now! :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven