Back in the full size game (Powerstroke content)

tip

Adventurer
The ones on the white 250 are the factory alloys. I am in the process of tracking down a F250 or F350 of the 92-97 era. If it has a more stockish tire with stock wheel set I will get in touch with you. I wouldn't be opposed to the Toyos. I am only a short drive north of you... I think your truck is gorgeous! And I don't even really like blue!

Thanks, and yeah, let me know.

Ole Nasty

Observer
Nice truck! Here's a pic of my truck with steel wheels painted gloss black.

CIMG1016.jpg

Hell, I'll even be real nice guy and offer to trade you for your wheels, lol.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
That actually looks really nice. I wouldn't bother lowering it back down or using smaller tires. It deosn't look, that big!

But I would swap in a Dana 60.

bftank

Explorer
i've thought about it, i just put the stock set of tires and wheels back on since they still had good tread. i've got the metal and plans for a new thumper, i mean bumper, for it just need good weather and time.

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Congrats, beautiful truck. I just got back into the full size game as well with a 2000 X but its a V10, fine for my purposes (but I'm still jealous of the 7.3!).

Last edited:

Revco

Adventurer
Great looking truck! I had a '96 F250 4x4 5spd Powerstroke a few years back. I loved the truck itself, but after owning a 12-Valve Cummins, I wasn't impressed with the 7.3. I smoked the clutch and warped the Dual Mass Flywheel trying to recover a stuck forklift, so I upgraded to a LUK Gold clutch and solid flywheel. The truck rode like crap with the TTB and that was the main reason for my decision to sell it. I had a friend with a lifted '94 F350 that rode nice and if I had known more about SAS swaps back then, I would have went that route and kept it. I sold it to a cattle rancher in Mexico.

Here's a photo of the old rig. It had the factory 16" Alcoa wheels.

246993_201504936562150_100001079359861_570725_5350441_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven