Bad Wheeling Day.....

Eric06Rubi

Observer
Its irritating how butt hurt some people get over the smallest things. Im all for treading lightly. But some people need an education in nature and the enviroment before they start making assumptions. Up here in king county they pretty much shot themselves in the foot be making public gathering so stringent in the permit process and enviromental impact that they cant hold their own gatherings where they want because it will damage the enviroment.

not to hijack the thread but this statement is absolutely tru. and part of the reason I moved from the area he's talking about.

99wj

Adventurer
Everyone has made some very valid points, first off the only reason I was in the creek was to bypass some fallen trees, second, as I was approaching the spot to get back on the trail there was another fallen tree, so I ended up having to retrace my route back up the creek (remember the creek was actually just runoff from the local water plant). That being said it probably wasn't a good idea to wheel there (as I found out). Third, I felt it was right to take the pictures off my post b/c there are probably some envirofascist nuts who just lurk on offroad boards just to find stuff like this. Forth @Purple People Eater, I definitely don't think its cool to get stuck (it really sucks), I can laugh about it now b/c it's all said and done, but at the time I was not happy. ($120 to have an offroad recovery guy come get me out). Other than that I'm all about treading lightly, being safe and having some fun. :sombrero: :wings: :victory:

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
apparently us GA folks need to pass some numbers cause I would have come and got you for the cost of gas if that!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
apparently us GA folks need to pass some numbers cause I would have come and got you for the cost of gas if that!
me too.
A chainsaw is less expensive than a flood repair too....

Jeremy --- are you ever going to come out and play? We're camping on Labor day? I will give you free beer if you come...

99wj

Adventurer
me too.

Yeah, all true, the whole 4inches of water in the floor sucks... Vacuuming all the water out and letting her sit in the sun with the doors open seems to be helping alot.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
the best way to dry out your vehicle is to leave the heater on with the windows cracked.

thats the way the car detailer i worked for in high school dried carpets in vehicles. it dries them in about an hour in the hot summer sun.

99wj

Adventurer
the best way to dry out your vehicle is to leave the heater on with the windows cracked.

thats the way the car detailer i worked for in high school dried carpets in vehicles. it dries them in about an hour in the hot summer sun.

dang that makes a lot of sense... why didn't i think of that :) :)

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Moral of the story....

"A bad day Wheeling....is still better than a good day at the Office" ~SWR

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Me three. All I normally ask for is that the guy (or gal) returns the favor if he passes somebody needing help. What goes around comes around.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
me too.

Jeremy --- are you ever going to come out and play? We're camping on Labor day? I will give you free beer if you come...

I wish man but I work Labor Day weekend... Soon I will go to Mandate and will have weekends off for 10 weeks so maybe I can make some day trips finally.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I wish man but I work Labor Day weekend... Soon I will go to Mandate and will have weekends off for 10 weeks so maybe I can make some day trips finally.
Mandate? I thought you liked girls... :ylsmoke:

Good luck with the training, btw. It suits you.

We're camping at Cataloochee in October and all over the place for 2 weeks in November too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater