Baja 4x4 RV on Albuquerque Craigslist

witt

Adventurer
Don't know if someone bought this or if it's still for sale, but I spotted it in the vicinity of Buena Vista, CO yesterday. Gotta be the same one - pretty unmistakable.

peneumbra

Explorer
We have one of these, a '94 Chinook on a E-350 we converted to 4x4 with a Dana 60 front axle. The biggest problem is brakes: the standard Ford brakes are completely inadequate for the weight of the vehicle (at least in the year we have). If you had one on the E-450, with 19.5 wheels, I think you'd be ok.

hrududu

Adventurer
Thanks for the info about the brakes. Definitely a consideration I had not thought of. I had contacted seller about the 'reconditioned title' and actually is a 'salvage title'. Staff provided the following info:

Hi, the no haggle price is 39k. The unit has a salvage title just a little harsher than saying reconditioned LOL. It was crashed on the front drivers qtr panel, the hood, the fender and grill have been replaced. The tie rod was busted and the tire was laid underneath. We put it all back together and it is running great and tracking great. No frame damage! We also painted it. We should have manufactured a new bumper but fixed the one on it, not so well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy