Baofeng UV5R "Builder Brackets"

zidaro

Explorer
thanks for the quick delivery and great little brackets.

thought id throw up some shots of the UV-82 fitment.
Bracket dimensions are perfect except a small notch needs to be made to avoid bracket keying down the flashlight button. Easy. fits tight and does not rattle at all. still need to weld a nut on it so i can use a ram mt.

before:

IMG_2429_zps9b92dd0b.jpg

after:

IMG_2439_zps72f75cf5.jpg

IMG_2437_zps0e018e4a.jpg

Last edited:

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
^^^Awesome! that was my intent with these, as a piece to build upon. Glad it worked (with minor trimming) for your 82.

Thanks again!

Fades47

How does this mount up? Looking for a vehicle mounting solution other than my current Velcro....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I haven't bought the mounts yet but this is what I'm thinking...

At the builder bracket end of things will be this 1" RAM ball w/ 1/4-20 threaded stud screwed into the bracket.
31vBsqWt8xL.jpg

(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0059X0YIQ...UTF8&colid=3FICQ7BYO3LVI&coliid=IU1BNGY0HGB1Z)

I'll use this ball with a short 2" RAM arm which in turn will be used with another of these balls w/ the 1/4-20 stud. That ball will be bolted to a plate I conveniently installed between my middle gauge pod and the dash for my ipad.
286759_10150280676641686_7040243_o.jpg

In fact, I'll probably need to extend that plate so I can accommodate the Baofeng 2M radio as well as my CB radio. I happen to have the same Midland CB that Bluehash has so I purchased a 2nd builder bracket for it as well.

Last edited:

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
How does this mount up? Looking for a vehicle mounting solution other than my current Velcro....

^^what the two above said! This of this as a starting point to create your mount, which is why I call it a builder bracket. I can weld a 1/4-20 nut on the back for the RAM ball if needed, then its more of a ready to mount unit. I personally used an aluminum split collar and machined it and the bracket to attach to my dash bar in my Jeep.

All machined and ready for assembly
aqa4amy9.jpg

And mounted up (sorry for the crummy cell shots)
ru5y5eha.jpg

te2epubu.jpg

Fades47

Does the curvature of the top side hold it off a flush surface sufficiently to allow the belt clip to fit behind?

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Not sure i follow your question, so I'll explain the design a bit and hopefully that will clear things up.

The bracket is designed to use the belt clip. The hole in the back panel is for the bottom of the belt clip, so that it is fully captured. The notch at the top is relief for the hinge of the belt clip, and the tabs are bent away to clear the screws that hold the belt clip to the radio.

yvymymav.jpg

Fades47

Right.. I see that. What I mean is... I notice the top is flared. If you were to lay it flat on the ground would that flare create enough room to let the belt clip be inserted and removed. Aka can I mount this flush to my dash and still be able to put radio in and out without removing the the mount every time too.... Thanks! Hope this clarifies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues