Basic m416 Build

Airborne Lee

Observer
I would agree with the danger of placing those fuel cans on the side of the tounge box. I have needed that extra turn capability several times camping.

I'm looking at placing next to my rear tire carrrier. ? maybe? or even behind my tire fenders on the side....

Anyway, EXCELLENT work! how did you do your nice even bends?? rolling sheet metal is not where most guys start?

njsjeep

Observer
Thanks for all the feedback. I was wondering about clearance too which is why I haven’t mounted the can holders yet. I'll have a chance on Monday to play around with the trailer and jeep to check out the fit. I made the can holders out of 3"x1/8" mild steel flat stock. Woodworking has been a hobby of mine for years so I just built a wooden form to bend the metal around. Then I used pieces of 2x4 hinged together to push the metal around the form. The first prototype I built used on closed loop for the top section and a "U" for the bottom. Making the top section one-piece was such a pain I decided to go with a two piece top, using a wide "U" and a flat piece. The flat side makes it easier to mount flat and gives me an excuse to practice my welding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven