battery advice needed

roamingaz

Explorer
I am buying a new deep cell battery for my camper, I previously had 2 Optima yellow top but htey did not have very much power for a several days trip.
I am considering a Interstate 4d battery, anyone use a large battery like this?
any other ideas for me?

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Have you considered an average/normal starting battery and 2-6volt golf cart batteries (Costco) to run your acc. Golf cart batteries will give you 220AH

FlatlinesUp

Adventurer
I got two 12v Everstart Max (max 29) Deep Cycles from Walmart for cheap (around $70ea IIRC) and they have 125 AH each.

I looked at other options and they were all much more $ etc for the power/$ ratio, plus I've got the WallyWorld returnability if there are any warranty issues :)

grasshopper104

Adventurer
Diehard Platinum - PM1 or PM2, I'm using a regular Platinum in my CJ7 and will be going to a PM1 or 2 in my Disco soon.

roamingaz

Explorer
I did look at 6 volt batteries today, very temtping for the amount of power.
I also looked at the sears platinum marine, and I did consider the walmart deep cycle battery, I run one in my boat for several year with no issues.
I have always used AGM battereis for my camper but I am leaning more towards the regular lead acid for ease of charge and maintence and of course cost is much better.
I will be buying a new battery tomarrow so I really need to make up my mind:confused:

roamingaz

Explorer
I am pretty much sold on the Diehard platinum group 31, that is what I was origanaly going to buy when I first started working on my truck.
I remeber reading somewhere that the Die hard Platinum are identical to Odassy and actualy made by them. Any one else know anything about this?

SoCal_80

Explorer
I am pretty much sold on the Diehard platinum group 31, that is what I was origanaly going to buy when I first started working on my truck.
I remeber reading somewhere that the Die hard Platinum are identical to Odassy and actualy made by them. Any one else know anything about this?

Yep, I have been told and read the same thing....They are identical units and Sears is way cheaper and has a better warranty to boot.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist

True, both made by Enersys, if you look at a Die Hard Platinum and the same group size Odyssey side by side it becomes quite obvious.

http://www.enersys.com/

My next battery purchase will be from Sears, I'll be needing one for my National Luna Power Pack :costumed-smiley-007

ScottK

When looking at the DieHard Platinum, consider the auto battery as opposed to the marine battery. They both have the same specs, but the warranty on the auto battery is much better...plus the battery is much less expensive. I guess they figure that the marine battery will just be sitting in a boat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy