Battery for my 2013 Jk

TacticalBBQ

So I am just a weekender and my ARB 50qt is not in my Jeep 24/7. I don’t have the funds to do a dual battery set up at this time. But I definitely want to upgrade my battery. Anyone out there that can help me choose what fits my needs would be awesome. I have no clue when it comes to electrical.

Thanks

pluton

Adventurer
Some folks do a thing where they install a nice, fat group 31-sized battery and get by for a couple days with the fridge(not set to freezing), and still have enough for starting. Can a group 31 be made to fit under the hood of a JK?
AGM "combo start + deep cycle" batteries are generally favored for this use.

jadmt

ignore button user
I have been running my ARB50 in my jeep for the last 2 years and just using stock battery without issue. It sits often for 2 days at a time but usually not longer than that. fridge is set to 36F.

TacticalBBQ

Some folks do a thing where they install a nice, fat group 31-sized battery and get by for a couple days with the fridge(not set to freezing), and still have enough for starting. Can a group 31 be made to fit under the hood of a JK?
AGM "combo start + deep cycle" batteries are generally favored for this use.
Thanks

ArnieC

I run a single OEM battery with an ARB 63qt fridge in my Land Cruiser and its good for about 30 hrs stationary around 35F and 70 Ambient. Cold Cold Beer like 27F and 90F ambient and I can get about 24 hrs out of it. I supplement with solar for longer sits than 24 hrs. Never been an issue, but I dont camp where a dead battery is life and death either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner