Best Jeep-Specific Online Forums?

jaymar

What are the best Jeep forums when it comes to mechanical, mods (street/offroad), builds, outfitting, wheeling, overlanding etc.? And is there a sort of one-site-for-all-of that--like IH8MUD is for Land Cruisers?

Last edited:

Cottontail

Easy Street on Mud Tires
www.NAXJA.com has always been a wealth of information, but unfortunately its starting to show attrition as people start to move towards Facebook. However, there is still a lot of saved tech on that site.

Facebook may be easier, but there is no way to keep discussions or information or pictures in perpetuity.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
There was an awesome treasure trove of info about older Cherokee's (XJ, ZJ, WJ, and WK), that seems to have been bought by a new company that has radically changed these sites. What used to be wkjeeps.com or whatever, is now "https://jeepspecs.com/"

billiebob

Most Jeep Forums are all about a bunch of like minded guys who back slap and high five anyone agreeing with or copying what they do. None of them are open to renegades doing anything but the status quo..... hence so many modified Jeeps look like clones of the rest of them. Some are kind of polite about it, some are downright rude.

This forum which has everything on it might be one of the best. But if you want to crawl up a waterfall on 35s..... the rest are good choices. Define what you want to do and go where that is the theme.

Overlanding, exploring, expeditions, camping, travelling with lots of gear for days on end with limited options to refuel... stay here.

Wrangler TJ Forum was a favourite of mine but I'm past that now.

Jeep Forum is another forum going beyond the TJ.

Wrangler Forum is another well established fotum

Last edited:

billiebob

when it comes to mechanical, mods (street/offroad), builds
This kind of focuses on a narrow topic framework.

If you go beyond that to say classic Jeeps, historic Jeep rebuilds as daily drivers, campers, fishing, hunting exploring vehicles you open doors. There are lots of forums specifically for guys just wanting to maintain and enjoy using their Jeeps who are happy knowing most Jeeps are incredibly capable completely stock. Those forums mostly explore how to carry the gear you need and how to upgrade parts which have proven weak like axle shafts and u-joints. But still running pretty much stock. You can spend $10K on lifts and tires and gears and armour and end up seeing a box stock Jeep idling up the same trail behind you.

If you want to lift and build yer Jeep sure, I did the same. But it was never an "upgrade".

This is almost my dream expedition Jeep..

52407052_10218009397244047_5547230659723919360_n.jpeg

zgfiredude

I have had good experience with WranglerForum. Everyone has been polite and genuinely helpful. The limited research that I've done on my wife's WK2 has been on JeepGarage.....but I just look there, no posting. If any of them migrate to Facebook then I'll be gone in a flash.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
JeepForum is pretty good for tech help, JeepGarage seems to be a newer, reborn version of it. Both have recently updated their forum software and are pretty nice to use. Oddly, JeepForum seems to HATE JeepGarage and blocks and links between the two.

MyJeepRocks was a super awesome local (SoCal) club, but is mostly defunct these days. I miss it a lot.

m-l_johnny

Fecesbook killed the best forums. The ones already mentioned are not bad. Pirate 4x4 is good for more hardcore off road and mods. Flaming is a high probability if you ask a question already covered in an existing thread.

KENPERK

Fecesbook killed the best forums. The ones already mentioned are not bad. Pirate 4x4 is good for more hardcore off road and mods. Flaming is a high probability if you ask a question already covered in an existing thread.
most people left Pirate4x4.com and started irate4x4 FWIW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater