Best P and S "Waterproof" digital camera?

GetBentFab

I've just started researching the options and would appreciate any suggestions. I'm looking to replace my no longer waterproof Olympus Stylus 770 SW. I was never impressed with the 770 SW at all but we loved the ability to take it anywhere and not worry about it too much. I know I'm never going to take award winning photos with a P and S but we never make print anyway. We only view our pictures on the computer any more.
Thanks,
Eric

D

Deleted member 9101

I have a Panasonic Lumix and I am thrilled with it. It has worked great everywhere from a pool, Persian gulf, to the middle of the desert.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I have a Panasonic Lumix and I am thrilled with it. It has worked great everywhere from a pool, Persian gulf, to the middle of the desert.

How is your picture quality? We have one and have been very disappointed. The pix look great on the LCD, but for some reason on the computer they look really poor. And, yes, we know that pix on the large computer monitor are always going to look different, but this is compared to other P&S cameras we have/had.

Also, I inadvertently let it fall off of a table and on to the tile floor and broke the glass over the lens. Turns out that even though it is rated as rugged, the warranty doesn't cover drops. Oops. When I get it back I'm going to see if I can silicon a piece of glass in place...

D

Deleted member 9101

How is your picture quality? We have one and have been very disappointed. The pix look great on the LCD, but for some reason on the computer they look really poor. And, yes, we know that pix on the large computer monitor are always going to look different, but this is compared to other P&S cameras we have/had.

Also, I inadvertently let it fall off of a table and on to the tile floor and broke the glass over the lens. Turns out that even though it is rated as rugged, the warranty doesn't cover drops. Oops. When I get it back I'm going to see if I can silicon a piece of glass in place...

So far the quality seems great, but I am far from a pro....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad