Best Platform

eyemgh

Pulled the trigger yesterday. F350 Super Cab, 8' bed. 7.3/4.30. Console and heated seats. Carpet delete. FX4 and Camper package, in case I can't get a Carli installed right out of the gate, plus I get the stickers. Warn winch. Dual batteries and upgraded alternator. Upfitter switches. Plus, some other chi-chi's I don't really care about. Should arrive after the first of the year. Flatbed and camper on order too. Won't be done for a year, but should be nice. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Porkchopexpress

Pulled the trigger yesterday. F350 Super Cab, 8' bed. 7.3/4.30. Console and heated seats. Carpet delete. FX4 and Camper package, in case I can't get a Carli installed right out of the gate, plus I get the stickers. Warn winch. Dual batteries and upgraded alternator. Upfitter switches. Plus, some other chi-chi's I don't really care about. Should arrive after the first of the year. Flatbed and camper on order two. Won't be done for a year, but should be nice. Fingers crossed.
I went with carpet delete as well. I like it so far. Definitely more practical. Also went with the split bench.

20210820_172748.jpg20210820_172810.jpg

eyemgh

I went with carpet delete as well. I like it so far. Definitely more practical. Also went with the split bench.

View attachment 682268View attachment 682269

I was conflicted on leather. I really like the baja and the B&O system. Since I'm pulling the bed though, and losing a lot of the things included in the Lariat and above, I decided the $3K was better spent on the integrated winch in an XLT.

eyemgh

Well, I pulled the ole' switch-a-roo. I thought I needed an 8ft. bed, but the camper and bed manufacturers met at Overland Expo and determined that I can get away with a 6.75' bed. That'll save me 16" on wheelbase! Woot!!!

hdhp

I just picked up my 22 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 Gas! I have plans to get a slide in pop up truck camper. Looking to buy a used unit but no junk!

HDHP

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I just picked up my 22 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 Gas! I have plans to get a slide in pop up truck camper. Looking to buy a used unit but no junk!

HDHP
Out of curiosity, what does the sticker on your door jamb say your payload is? What model is your Silverado?

Snydmax

Every time I think I have this figured out, I read a little more and the water gets muddy again.

I’ve settled on a truck, Super Duty 350 Super Cab, 8’ bed, 7.3, 4.30. What I’m struggling with is suspension modifications.

We travel alone, so we don’t tend to do much technical stuff. The last mile up to Big Four Mine across from the dunes in Panamint or is about the edge of where we feel comfortable in a camper. We do drive a lot of wash boarded forest road and places like the Race Track in DVNP. We also drive quite a bit in the winter.

The camper we are going to get (Hallmark K2) isn‘t a behemoth like an Eagle Cap, but it’ll weight in the neighborhood of 2200 pounds fully wet. We don’t need rock crawling crazy stuff, but more than anything want it to be safe both on and off road, and eat wash board.

The current camper has never been off the truck. We don’t even own jacks. We are retiring soon though, so the option to bring jacks and unload it will be important.

So, how much to lift? My gut says 2.5 with 35s. Spring pack or bags? My gut says I have no clue. I‘m staying away from anything like Tremor because it isn’t designed to be loaded. Plus, it’s not even available in the configuration we want. Any mods we do will be done at a very experienced specialty shop like CJC and not a random tire shop.

Getting close to having this thing dialed. Thanks for any and all input.

Bags are great, but they do limit your articulation. While they can provide a lifting effect, I wouldn’t rely on that as your sole method if your wanting much... think of them more as resetting your trucks ride height after you load it. If your ok losing a bit of articulation, might consider bags and taller blocks in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billiebob

I was conflicted on leather.
After 25 years of dogs living with wet dry muddy on our leather couches.... leather is no conflict.
100 years ago leather was standard because it was so durable.
GOOD leather is not a luxury.

DSC_0015.jpeg

Last edited:

billiebob

that is were my payload decal is.
might be a line I have never looked at.
I read the GVWR and scale the truck to see where I'm starting from....
Not sure I'd ever trust anything else. All that counts is the scaled weight loaded vs the GVWR.

When I started driving the spec was Curb Weight for a particular model.

Porkchopexpress

so are there seat belts for the middle/split seat ??
Yes. I'll take a picture in the up position this weekend. I'm out of town.
Never seen a split bench with leather on the newer models
I had to give the dealer a deposit and he initially asked for a credit check before he saw my work ID because he would have a hard time selling a Lariat with vinyl floor and split bench. I have no need for a bunch of center console storage. I prefer the flexibility and extra legroom in a split bench.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater