Best Single Jerry Can Holder for Bumper

jnack

I'm looking for recommendations for a single (NOT dual) jerry can holder for my rear bumper.

Must be compatible with the proper scepter cans s-l1600.jpg
Must have a way to keep locked, ideally something that will have the least amount of rattling on the trail...

RDK13

Observer
I went with Adventure Trailers fuel can bracket and I couldn't be happier. I had a problem with the locking strap opening due to the M416 body design and decided the I would cut the strap at the bend and install a hinge. I riveted them on and it looks like it came that way since the whole bracket is riveted to begin with. You can see the hinge in the picture below. I also added a L bracket at the end of the strap to keep it from sliding. These brackets are awesome the will hold a full can of fuel or water and it doesn't move at all. I did have to use spacers to get some clearance from the body of the trailer so the can will clear the rack I have on the tongue and I cut off the handle on the corner of the tub. I usually keep fuel cans in the brackets all the time just to keep the strap from rattling.
Jeep Trailer Gin Side.jpg
Jeep Trailer Gas Can Hinge2.JPG
Jeep Trailer Gas Can.JPG
Jeep Trailer Gas Can L Bracket2.JPG
Here is a post of my trailer from a few years ago. It will hold fuel or water cans.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78