Better Late Then Never, My January Death Valley NP Trip Report!

rionorte

Hi Gordon. Where can I park my vehicle while I ride my mountain bike on 20 Mule Team Canyon Rd? Can I park on the side in 20 Mule Team Cany Rd and mountain bike around a loop back?
I'm scheduled to go to DV and it will be my first time. Thanks.

IMG_4390.JPG

Although not an epic or even long drive Twenty Mule Team Canyon is worth checking out. For only 2.5 miles long it packs a lot of scenery!

NM-Frontier

Explorer
There was a pull out/parking area at the start of 20 Mule were you could park at. The road is a one way so you would ride the 2.5 miles on dirt out and have to come back on the pavement. Have fun!

Last edited:

rionorte

LOL. And to think I was googling star of 20 mule and did not get anything meaningful. Saw a good YouTube video on 20 mule road and saw the "star" of of the road. : )

spikemd

Explorer
DV is awesome. We are headed back the end of March for my third straight year. I have many pics at those exact spots. You probably didnt pass too many other folks. When we went to Warm Springs in 2010, it was full of 'wildlife' as it is clothing optional for much of the year. I told my daughter to close her eyes as we passed through...

xjaugie

Adventurer
Great write up ! Thanks for the info. another place on the "need to get to" list....Boy its' getting long.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
G_fresh,

Thanks for the compliment! There are a lot of high quality trip reports on here, just trying to contribute! :sombrero:

NM-Frontier

Explorer
xjaugie,

I would bump it up to the top if I were you, well worth the trip if you can give yourself a week to explore it all, then another week, and another....:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater