Big Red XJ starting the "Overland" build

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
I'll have to double check on the part number, but they're excellent. I think I need a little stiffer spring up front though. They ride very nice and I get tons of articulation. Well worth the money.

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
Turns out I ordered the wrong shock. I need an eye/eye mount, I ordered an eye/stem. Wasn't too pleased with myself when I realized that.

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
Well, I got the correct shocks in! Paired with the BDS leaf springs its rides so Mich better now. It's far more stable, with little to no side to side swaying. No more bottoming out either. I've got a couple of little things to do before it gets too cold, but I'll be saving for the engine for a while.

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
MattieP, we didn't get to go out on Columbus Day weekend like originally planned. Ended up making a trip down to Greenville, SC. PirateExpress, I an not on Jeep kings. I'm not much of s forum guy. Used to be on Cherokee forum but I haven't logged on in quite some time. No news on the Jeep. Gonna be a while before anything new happens with it.

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
Got a few things done over the weekend. Biggest of which was replacing the heater core. Repaired the blower resistor plug, as it had shorted the 3rd fan speed wire. Found out that a misplaced wire bundle was the source of my lack of floor heat. The XJ is quite warm now! I also installed a new mount for my tablet. I'll be going to look at a 4 banger XJ tomorrow for use as a daily driver.

Dash pulled out to access HVAC unit.
IMG_32774987959955.jpeg

Attached tablet mount on one of the upper dash bolts against the windshield
IMG_32779504592035.jpeg

Didn't even have to trim or adjust anything
IMG_32790858229730.jpeg

Also brought materials in to build a workshop so I can continue working on my storage drawers for the back end. Stirring up ideas to build my own RTT as well. Gonna be a busy winter while I prep for the summer and our big trip.

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
Picked up a bunch of goodies over the weekend! Got a Chevy LM7 V8, along with Novak motor mounts, headers, standalone wire harness, and ECU. Also got a 2001 Audi A4 for a daily driver. It's a sweet car to drive, but I need to put in a new torque converter this weekend.

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
It was. A friend of mine sent me the link from the Rausch Creek forums. As soon as my dad and I finish his WJ I'll be tearing into the drive train swap on mine. It has to be fully functional by Memorial Day for our first trip of the season.

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
New heim joints delivered, I was sent the wrong ones initially. Work this weekend will be on my dad's WJ. Hopefully we can get my XJ in the shop soon and start working on that. It's been quite cold in the north east and I'm not too keen about lying on concrete for very long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh