Blue Sea aux fuse block install

4x4mike

Adventurer
curious, where would one mount one like that on a 3.0 v6 2nd gen 4runner?

My blue sea is mounted inside my 3rd gen 4runner. I've only got the 8g wire coming through the fire wall which is much cleaner than running multiple wires. Not to mention it's protected from the elements and engine heat. This isn't the greatest pic but it's mounted with velcro on top of the airbag computer below the stereo behind the console where the 12v plugs are.

DSC06354.jpg

Man, I've got too many accessories! I'm seeing a lot of guys with just the 6 circuit box. I'll have my 12 circuit box pretty much filled up after my OBA install. As long as I don't run them all at the same time I should be fine. Hopefully!

targa88

Explorer
My blue sea is mounted inside my 3rd gen 4runner. I've only got the 8g wire coming through the fire wall which is much cleaner than running multiple wires. Not to mention it's protected from the elements and engine heat.

As much as I really like tooblutacoma06 set up (very neat - well done).
I prefer keeping it inside (kick panel on the front passenger side) protected from the elements and less wiring going through the firewall.

+1 4x4mike

wRadar

Looks familiar... ;)

IMG_0766.jpg

I've since added a relay block with two relays, and a whole lot more electrical items to it, but it has held up pretty well thus far. My mounting bracket has come loose, though, and rattles around a bit, but I just need to mount it a bit more securely.

Great job on yours, though! Powdercoating sure looks better (and will likely last a LOT longer than my rattle can job). :)

Have a great weekend,
-Radar

4x4mike

Adventurer
As much as I really like tooblutacoma06 set up (very neat - well done).
I prefer keeping it inside (kick panel on the front passenger side) protected from the elements and less wiring going through the firewall.

+1 4x4mike

I'm not knocking the OP just stating my use. Another thing to consider is that I don't have as much room under the hood of my 4runner for such a set up. I've got a 5 speed so the clutch master cyclinder is in the location shown and I have a York compressor so everything on the driver side under hood area has been moved and pushed together. I am liking the 12 slot blue sea though. I've got the 6 and it's full. I would like to have some space to add to it if necessary.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I'm convinced on the 12 now. I had previously thought the 6 was enough. Better to have it and not need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl