Brake Pads for Overweight Tacoma

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I have 16" wheels, so the tundra upgrade isn't an option.. I just got new tires, too.. Maybe I'll consider 17" wheels at my next tire change.. (I really like my 16" wheels and tall side walls.. But being able to stop is good, too).

So, for now... Pads are my only option. I did start to look in to the powerstop pads.. Now a couple recommendations here.. Maybe I'll use them. (Shoot, actually I was looking at the StopTech 309 pads, which people over on tacoma forums recommended..) anyway, I'll look in to the powerstops.. Do you know which pad of theirs you used?

Someone above said at the least upgrade pads and rotors.. And I am.. I have stoptech cryo slotted rotors I'm installing w/ the new pads.
Be sure and follow the manufacturer's specs on bedding in .

wicked1

I did.. and I'm not sure if I followed up here.. (I had a few threads on my bad brakes at various places).. But, it worked. After new rotors, pads, adjusting the rear drums, and then doing the techstream bleed... I can now slam on the brakes and lock up the wheels! First time ever.

Parks

Did you end up going with the stop tech rotors? We have the exact same truck setup and I am looking at brake upgrade options. But those rotors are backordered everywhere with no date.

wicked1

Yes, stoptech rotors.. Also sold as "centric" w/ the same part number. I got mine here:

(They appear to have botht the stoptech and centric branded ones in stock at the moment)
(You need a right and left.. That's just the left, I think. Right should be 126.44129CSR).

I ended up going w/ "Dynamic Friction" super duty pads. Accidentally.. Someone recommended "Performance Friction" and I accidentally found "Dynamic Friction" pads.. And they're great.
DYNAMIC FRICTION34076057
DYNAMIC FRICTION1400097600

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3