Bricknose F-350/ Wildernest build

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!

New canvas is on! Finally got a chance to get it put on! Still need to waterproof and seal the seams, as well as get the weatherstrip replaced on the lid. Overall Im very pleased with the quality of the replacement. Not only did they get it to fit good, they knew to replace some of the little Velcro tabs that were missing on the original. They had to disassemble the original, and I asked to have it returned to me too in case I need to have another replacement made in another 30 years!

I used the RV Workshop, who uses Canvas Replacements. No, wasn't cheap, and took a couple months, but the quality is second to none and they guaranteed the fit! The canvas is much nicer than the original nylon, and bet it will last much longer. Sherry at RV Workshop was great to work with, and they obviously have some skilled people at Canvas Replacements. Highly recommend.

I also need to make new replacement braces for the front and rear windows so they arch out. On my list of things to do!

So, once I get it sealed up, I can finally start building out the inside! Im still working on a write up on the alt conversion. I can say it works flawlessly! I also picked up enough 4guage cable to run back to the camper battery bank!

Tp4mxe

Looks really good. Can't wait to see the full outcome. I too have wildernest and might soon need same services!

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Are they just trying to keep semi trucks off that bridge or was there a legitimate reason for that bar across?

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!
That bridge is older than dirt, so I'm sure they are just making sure some bozo doesn't try to take their motorhome across it! We found it during a short rambling trip around the area. Really a cool spot!

superminoh

3G

HEY I HAVE A 89 BRICK NOSE AND DID THE 3G ALT SWAP. REAL EASY (ALL OVER THE 460 FORD SITE) BEST THING I DID . MADE MY GAGUES WORK BETTER NO LIGHTS DIMMING AT IDLE.GOT THE BATTERY WIRE HARNESS FROM A 05 F150 AND TOOK IT APART FOR THE FUSE LINK CABLE TO GO BETWEEN ALT. AND STATER RELAY. WORKED OUT GREAT . ALT FROM LKQ WAS $25.00. 130 amp from 2000 mustang v6 bolted up like it was made for it on my 460. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU

Last edited:

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!
So it has been awhile since I added to this build. Started a new business, and that has taken a lot of my time!

I started finishing out the bed area. The idea is to add a couch/bed area for my son while the wife and I sleep on the bed platform of the 'nest. Also wanted to make storage that can be solid enough to hold everything from recovery equipment to clothing. So I found a good steel truck bed tool box on Craigslist, cut out a section for the wheel-well, and mounted it lengthwise. Then I gathered up a bunch of used plywood a friend of mine gave me and boxed it in, creating more storage. Next I will add carpeting, cushions, and a removable back for the couch. I'm going to also build a cabinet at the head of the bed/couch to hold various goodies. The end closest to the cab will be where I mount the battery bank, solar controls, fuse block, etc. Other end will be for tool box, floor jack, etc. I will be mounting fresh water tank under the truck on the passenger side, basically mirroring the fuel tank on the drivers side. Also will mount the air tank for my on-board air system. Haven't decided where I'm going to mount my Viair compressor, but considering in the same area as the batteries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater