Bussed 12V Fuse Block?

NMC_EXP

Explorer
My FJ60 came with a few 12V add-ons: driving lights, map light, CB, scanner, radio/CD player.

I need to clean up and simplify the wiring for these devices. To do so I intend to mount a fuse block in the cabin and I've not done this before. Power to the fuse block would ideally be a single lead to the battery. Also considering adding some sort of common ground point for multiple accessories.

In shopping for aftermarket fuse blocks some are identified as "bussed", some are not. I suspect a bussed unit has a single hook up to (+) power which feeds all the individual fuse slots.

Question: Is that accurate?

Follow-up: Are there fuse blocks which require a (+) power feed to each fuse slot (non-bussed?).

Thanks

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Yes to both of your questions.

Some also have a negative bus, which can be handy for grounding items that you dont just ground locally to that device.

My overall pick:

91ls2MHcNqL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Systems-Blade-Fuse-Blocks/dp/B01BXTXV1Q

v_man

Explorer
I have a Blu Sea 12 slot box on a homemade tray protected by a 100amp breaker. I run my ignition through the Blu Sea and if I trip my breaker the truck won't start , it's essentially a poor man's kill switch . I've been running this setup for years and have had no trouble , Blu Sea is quality IMO....

IMG_2862_zps7ad8ec5b.jpg

NMC_EXP

Explorer
I have a Blu Sea 12 slot box on a homemade tray protected by a 100amp breaker. I run my ignition through the Blu Sea and if I trip my breaker the truck won't start , it's essentially a poor man's kill switch . I've been running this setup for years and have had no trouble , Blu Sea is quality IMO....
I'm leaning towards the Blue Sea split (for switched hot and always hot) with a ground bus.

I like your kill switch setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven