By Motor to the Golden Gate by Emily Post

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
This is a early edition 1917, probably second printing of the adventure of Emily Post and her travels across the United States by motor car in 1915. There are a number of great photographs and 24 hand drawn maps Mrs post in the back of the book.

Asking $150 plus $4 shipping

I will be posting it on Ebay in a week unless sold here first.

Email leeflat1@yahoo.com if interested, the pictures I have will not upload on ExP for some reason, email for pictures.

Attachments

• phpYB2lIFPM.jpg
    phpYB2lIFPM.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Since it wasn't getting much interest here I posted it on Ebay with a starting bid at $99. This would make a great Christmas gift for someones mother or grandmother who was or is familiar with Emily Posts etiquette books, this book takes a turn away from that genre but Mrs. Post even while covered in dust cant seem to shake her need for class even in the most dire of circumstances. I read this book just shaking my head while she cant seemto decide if a cotton scarf or silk scarf would look best while covered in dust. It is truly a funny read in retrospect.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...67425&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

I also have a few other books that may be of interest on Ebay:
African Game Trails in two volumes by Theodore Roosevelt 1920
The Kensington Stone by Holand 1930, private printing. The Kensington Stone was a rune stone found in Minnesota in 1898 that if real proves that the vikings were traveling deep into the continent as early as the mid 14th century.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater