Camper and Truck Photos

Beamer pilot

Explorer
1929385_76944587677_3632342_n.jpg

Just a brief introduction.

I'm original owner and truck is pretty much all original.

95 Chevy extended cab long bed Z71. I actually custom ordered the smallest 3/4 ton axle so I could still have the Z71 option installed. Has tons of dents and dings, but it's almost 20 years old and have had it all over the NW fishing and hunting. Love my Alaskans. In the process of modifying the one in the picture (was a stock one person model in cab 8' Alaskan, so smaller front bench). This is my standard combo you'll see driving around. Driftboat in tow. Sometimes my cataraft. But most times one of my drifters. This was a setup for one of my weeklong steelhead camps. Smoker sitting on tailgate and stacked to the ceiling boat and camper.

Camper is a late 60's in bed (non overhead) 8' popup. LIke I mentioned, it's a model with a small bed in front (two small seats and a smaller table) but more storage. I'm in process of modifying it for a steelhead shack. I'm going to totally gut it and then modify it so I can change it from a two man shack to a 1 man with all the amenities inside. Heard about this site from someone off my flyfishing forum, and decided to sign up. Probably won't see a lot of me, but will show up from time to time.

Welcome aboard, feel free to post pictures, it's nice to see different set ups and interests associated with camping.

Vector1

rayct77,

What suspension mods have you made to accommodate the Hawk? I'm really curious to know how the rear coil springs drive off the pavement with a popup camper. Beautiful truck, by the way.

Bob (in central oregon)

rayct77

Observer
rayct77,

What suspension mods have you made to accommodate the Hawk? I'm really curious to know how the rear coil springs drive off the pavement with a popup camper. Beautiful truck, by the way.

Bob (in central oregon)

Hi Bob,
My only mods are a front leveling kit, air bags, and bigger tires (Toyo AT II's, 295/70/18). So far so good. I haven't taken the rig into anything real extreme, in fact nothing really more than some gravel with big pot holes. As long as I take it slow it seems to handle things well. There is a little roll going in and out of larger holes, but nothing that I didn't expect. I love the tires. Still aggressive and super quiet. Supposed to last much longer than the MT's. Thanks for the compliment on the truck. Really like it so far. I love your area of the state. Still have three more trips planned for fly fishing in the next couple months. If you see me say "Hey".

Chris

Vector1

Chris,

Thanks for the info. I'll probably need a 3500 to haul the camper I'm planning on (2300 lbs +/-), and so will be stuck with the leaf springs. I've just been hearing really good reports on the rear coils with lighter payloads. If I see your truck over here, I'll shout out.

Bob

bearman512

Adventurer
Bearman - great rig! I'm considering a Ram 2500 right now. How much payload do you think you're carrying in these pics?
Camper loaded with all gear is 1686#.
The jeep I flat tow so no load there.
This is a great setup as the Jeep will follow me in almost any rough terrain I wish to drive up or down.

Last edited:

Just Jeff

Observer
Thanks. What does your door sticker say about your payload capacity? The one I'm looking at is a CC and not a megacab, and it says about 2400lbs. I'm just wondering how much squat I should expect if I were to add another 1000 lbs over what you have there.

I'll be flat-towing a Jeep on many of my trips, too. Wrangler, though.

Nilton J

Adventurer
Friends, my name is Alberto Granville and am born in Brazil (so excuse me for my english). I am the first owner of Four Wheel Campers camper that is running in Brazil. This was the first who landed here, and when they are already landed two here and two more in the ship on the way. Accompany this forum a few years, but now I have a Pop Up Camper, I can just post messages as you all. Hugs to all, a Merry Christmas and a great 2014.

: Cerveja:

View attachment 201972

View attachment 201973

View attachment 201974

View attachment 201975

GV, many congrats !!!

With lots of beer inside your camper: ZERO, BRAHMA ZERO !!!

mostra_foto.aspx

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater