Camper and Truck Photos

f_skinner

Shawnh, that looks like a great spot. We went to 11 mile to do some fishing. I love camping this time of year since no one is around. We are new to truck camping and just got ours in June.

Frank

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

mporter

Observer
Hello Manontof

What your opinion regarding 850 camping in snow windy winter condition ?
Do you have inside shower option ?
Thanks

Have not tried it in anything colder then a chilly beach evening, and do not have the arctic-pack snap in liner. I live in sunny So Cal and think it will be just fine for are needs. Yes it has the shower, which my wife loves

Attachments

• shake down 2.jpg
    shake down 2.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 378
  • shake down 5.jpg
    shake down 5.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 370
  • shake down 4.jpg
    shake down 4.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 414

Shawnh

f_skinner, nice shots, how was the fishing? I was thinking about trying out Antero Reservoir some time, have you been there? I hear the fishing is hard to beat. Here is a shot of Chinns Lake near Fall River Reservoir from a Few weeks ago. It is a great spot but too crowded in the summer.

Attachments

• Chinns.JPG
    Chinns.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 343

f_skinner

I have not fished Antero in about 10 years but yes it is a great spot. 11 Mile is hard sometimes but the key is to wait until dark when the water cools down a bit near shore. I caught my limit in the few hours of trying...

Frank

ArtC2

Explorer
picture.php

2009 Dodge 2500 diesel short bed
Carli Starter Suspension system
Carli long travel air bags
Air Lift compressor and wireless remote
Buck Stop Baja Bumper with PIAA lights and Warn 16.5 winch
Toyo Open Country M/T 34” tires
Torklift SuperHitch and receiver extension to flat tow a Jeep LJ

2010 Hallmark UTE camper
AC and two Fantastic fans
40 gallon water tank
Xantrex Prosine 2000 watt inverter
Microwave oven
Solar panel with Blue Sky controller
Indoor shower
Yakima roof rack

MakersTeleMark

Adventurer
1978 Grandby on a 1987 M1028 outside of Elkton, CO the other day:

attachment.php

Edit: After checking out the other pages in this thread, and after a pm I received, I thought I'd add some more details.

Truck and camper is as above. 5/4 ton Chev ex-mil diesel. 4.56 gears, Corporate 14 bolt rear with a Detroit locker, Dana 60 up front with a posi running on 9.00 r 16 (36 x 10.5) spring over axles. Mods are 90w solar to the big blue top, custom bike rack, solar shower, one kick butt no head (mp3 only) stereo system with an 800 wt amp and 2 big kicker speakers (one pivots to face outside, also speakers sub as a great surround system when watching DVD's on my laptop off of the pure sine wave inverter), new furnace, ez awning.

Can't really think of more that I need except for a big LED flood for the exterior and maybe a cheap water pump so I can wash dishes with 2 hands. Over the last 60 days I've spent more than 40 nights in it, and it's not even hunting season yet.

Still plenty of mountain biking to do. Lots of truck mods that I've done, and the camper is stocked with all the goodies. I have duplicates of everything I have at home (which is easy, because I live in a 225 sq. ft' trailer, but I'm a gourmet cook who loves to fish, bike, ski (159 days last year) and hunt). You know it's a bad when you run out of something at home and know exactly where it is in the camper.

I wish I could afford a fridge, but I make do.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also, someone posted some nice South Park photo's earlier. Was just down there for 4 days last week. Love that country.

Keep it simple, and you can go everywhere.

Attachments

• cb2.jpg
    cb2.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 7,589
  • 1005101730.jpg
    1005101730.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 6,525
  • IMG_3462.JPG
    IMG_3462.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 6,452

Forum statistics

Threads