camper shell mods

Blackline13

hey everyone just wanting to know if anyone has modded a shell for rock climbing, base jumping , backpacking ect... im asking so i can get a few ideas i work at a truck accesories store and we sell shells so im interested in what options i would have, thank you!!!! :safari-rig:

corax

Explorer
I think the shell would have to be fairly reinforced to survive the chute opening from a base jump, but the difficult part is it would still have to be light enough to take into the woods with you. I won't even get into the skid plates required to keep the shell together while you drag it over rocks. :ylsmoke:

I would take a look at this thread for a start on some cargo area storage ideas: Post up your drawer/storage system

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
hey everyone just wanting to know if anyone has modded a shell for rock climbing, base jumping , backpacking ect... im asking so i can get a few ideas i work at a truck accesories store and we sell shells so im interested in what options i would have, thank you!!!! :safari-rig:

out of curiousity, how far are you from colorado springs, colorado?

Blackline13

greggk i actually went last summer and it only took about 8 hours! and corax thanks for the link ill check it out! and you KNOW i reinforce everything before it goes off a cliff!!! :sombrero:

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
If what you are going for is a camping, trailhead approach vehicle, look into these options when buying a campershell. Sliding rear glass, Win-doors on the sides to access the bed and a roof rack all are nice in a canopy. Carpet on the inside of the shell cuts down on condensation when sleeping in the back and wire your cargo light so it works without the truck running with its lights on.
Here is a skibums take on a truck:
http://www.code4x4.com/articles/tavs/toyota-tacoma.html

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal