#CampNCrawlTrailer

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Nice truck! I work at the assembly plant in Wentzville and I hope you like it!

What size tubing did you use for the trailer tongue?

BA trailer btw!

Thanks!!! My first Chevrolet and I couldn’t be happier, zero complaints. You guys do great work!

Trailer tongue is 2x3 tubing, if I can help with any details or measurements hit me up.

Last edited:

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
So I can sneak away from work more often but still answer calls and get on my laptop I decided to invest in a Wilson WeBoost, will be trying it out tomorrow.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
I use these at work for our jobsite construction trailers and it works great. You may have to space the antennas out a little more from each other though to make it work better. I know I did.

The external antenna is on a bracket I made just for storage/transportation. Once I got to camp I stuck it on top of the trailer. Do you run the standard antenna or the larger trucker antenna? It worked great as you mentioned but I couldn't get a strong enough signal to receive voicemails or use it as a hot spot. It did great making/receiving calls where we had 0-1 bars max it would boost it to 3 bars.

mmrocek

Observer
The external antenna is on a bracket I made just for storage/transportation. Once I got to camp I stuck it on top of the trailer. Do you run the standard antenna or the larger trucker antenna? It worked great as you mentioned but I couldn't get a strong enough signal to receive voicemails or use it as a hot spot. It did great making/receiving calls where we had 0-1 bars max it would boost it to 3 bars.

I have and use both. We actually have 3 of these systems with different antennas as well as their larger pro system in my office. For static trailers I have a directional antenna and generally use an app to find where the closest tower is and point it that way. For your application the omni trucker would probably work the best.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
I have and use both. We actually have 3 of these systems with different antennas as well as their larger pro system in my office. For static trailers I have a directional antenna and generally use an app to find where the closest tower is and point it that way. For your application the omni trucker would probably work the best.

Really appreciate the info, the omni trucker antenna isn't a bad price either I'll give it a shot.

This will let me leave the standard antenna on the truck for daily/work and the omni on the trailer for those "out of office" working days. Starting over with limited vacation after leaving a 20 yr job I need to max out my cell phone coverage area Lol

Last edited:

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Changed up the kayak rack, loading them on top wasn’t easy for a 5,9 guy. Found these swivel mounts from Malone. They work great and save so much time loading-unloading.

C3AC6EEF-8CF8-4986-8965-61D6D4A240B0.jpeg
60A155ED-8C2B-4193-ACD5-B34482633635.jpeg9B5CCF3A-22DD-4AA3-89A8-CED82A6FBCE2.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach