can-back tops

akfj40

Observer
Im thinking of getting one for my superduty. i have searched and the info giving was kind of vauge. anybody have any experience? im concerened about snow load and extreme cold, how well does it hold up? any pics would be nice. the ones on there website stink. thanks for the help.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
The original Can Backs were extremely durable and well built. Since the company was sold, I'm not so sure.

Casper

Adventurer
I have never owned one, but have two friends where I live who did. Great products, hold up really, really well. With one exception. I live in Truckee, Ca. We can/and do get storms that can drop 2 feet or more of very wet heavy snow within 2 hours or less. This has completly crushed both Canbacks.

Take that info with a grain of salt. If you have never been to truckee and seen the snow I am talking about, well it can be heavy. :Wow1:

Good luck

Casper
:smiley_drive:

1speed

Explorer
I bought one in about 2001 or 2002, I can't remember, all the threads in the seams rotted out in less than three years. I used the 303 Fabric Protectant they recommended. Maybe it was just the FL sun and moisture.

Last edited:

MDH33

Observer
I just looked at a double cab Tacoma that had a Can-Back topper. The fabric had shrunk so much that it could no longer be attached along the sides or back. It was a full 3 to 4 inches of shrinkage on all sides. This top looked to be a few years old, so maybe they are using a better material now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk