Can I order a 2014 4Runner Trail Premium WITHOUT a sunroof and NAV?

High_Country

Adventurer
Cut to the chase question: Does anyone know if I can ORDER a Trail Premium WITH KDSS and WITHOUT a sunroof, without a sliding cargo deck, and without NAV?

I’m real close to pulling the trigger on a new 2014 4Runner Trail Premium. I am in the throws of trying to decide what options I want/need. There’s actually a number of Trail Premiums available in inventory in my region, but I’m not real encouraged about finding the EXACT one I want. What I want:
Trail Premium
White in Color
KDSS
NO SUNROOF (increased headroom – right?)
NO NAV (why pay for this when I have other ‘gadgets’ that work better in off-roading)
NO sliding rear cargo deck (I’ve heard there are better aftermarket solutions)
No running boards (not crazy about the looks and at a cost of $800, I’ll buy some nice sliders/steps)

I test drove a white trail premium (didn’t have KDSS and HAD a sunroof, nav, and running boards). I mentioned it wasn’t the exact one I wanted and he said he could search the inventory and if need-be, we could just order one from Toyota ‘how I want it’ and it would take 6-8 weeks for delivery.

CAUTION - RANT: Toyota’s ‘build’ website sucks. I can’t believe in this day and age Toyota hasn’t put together a more interactive and detailed ‘build your own’ website for their vehicles. Because of this, I don’t know if the vehicle I want is even possible based on packaged options, etc. I’ve been deep into Fords and most recently Rams, and both had EXTENSIVE and detailed build sites where you could review all the subtleties of the option packages. Rant over.

So, does anyone know if I can ORDER a Trail Premium WITH KDSS and WITHOUT a sunroof and NAV?

High_Country

Adventurer
Thanks for the link! From that brochure, it appears that both the sunroof and NAV are standard equipment with the Trail Premium. I guess there might still be a chance you could special order one differently, but perhaps the only way to find out for sure is to go to the dealership...ugh...and have the new car manager walk me through a build to see what options I have.

Interestingly enough, the head room difference for the non-sunroof vs. sunroof is listed only as 0.7 inches. I would've guessed it was more than that.

Askalyota

@fishead pretty much spot on with the brochure. 2014 Trail Premium only comes with the sunroof. I have the 2014 TP and the non-TP has more head room - about 2" more. You will have to go with the base Trail with KDSS if you don't want the sunroof, Nav, cargo deck and running board. Best is probably to order it. Good luck!

sn_85

Observer
All Trail Premium's come with Entune with Nav and a Sunroof. Sounds like the only option you like about the Premium version is the heated soft-tex seats?? Your best option is to get a base trail and have the dealer put Katzkins leather on them.

High_Country

Adventurer
That's correct. I like the soft-text heated seats but would concede those. I could add heat to the seats and reskin them myself if I felt the need.

I did more studying of the brochure and the only other differences not yet mentioned are the Premium gets an auto-dimming rear view mirror as opposed to a glare resistant mechanical rear view mirror and the Premium gets outside mirrors with turn signal indicators and puddle lamps.

I'm going to a dealer today to see exactly what COULD be ordered on a regular Trail.

High_Country

Adventurer
Got back from the dealer. You cannot get a trail premium without a sunroof and without nav. They are standard equipment for that particular model and cannot be 'deselected' when ordering.

I could order a regular Trail and then pay the dealer about $1600 to install leather and then buy some seat heaters, but, by the time that's all done i'd only be saving about $500-$750 off the cost of a Premium. I might as well get the Premium for that small of a cost difference. It would have factory installed heated 'leather' seats (full warranty), navi, and sunroof.

So, if I ever did have to sell it, I could sell it as a Trail PREMIUM (not a modified regular Trail) at which point I'd bet the $500-$750 would be made up in resale value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater