Canadian M101 in Maryland

Kflash

Adventurer
Hello All,

As the title says, I just picked up a Canadian M101 trailer. Pretty descent shape and already titled! I am going to get a set of complimentary rims and tires to match my CJ7, change the shocks, and paint a bit. I had two other builds on this site...both were M416s. Why didn't I just keep them? Part of the fun is the project!

Question - the passenger side parking brake cable is seized in the metal sheath. I have the trailer tilted up and have been shooting WD 40 down it. Are there any tricks to freeing one of these up?

Question - I know there aren't parts readily available like the M416s, but does anyone know of a parts sources...new brake cables if needed?

If the WD40 doesn’t get it, you can try some PB Blaster. I had that stuff work loose a rusted / corroded header bolt. The cable is probably corroded to the metal sleeve, so keep pumping PBB in there and working the lever to try and break it loose.

If you haven’t done so already, slide over to the Steel Soldiers forum. There is a wealth of info on military surplus vehicles over there. Some of those guys have parts stashes and connections you and I could only dream of.

Kflash

Adventurer
If the WD40 doesn’t get it, you can try some PB Blaster. I had that stuff work loose a rusted / corroded header bolt. The cable is probably corroded to the metal sleeve, so keep pumping PBB in there and working the lever to try and break it loose.

If you haven’t done so already, slide over to the Steel Soldiers forum. There is a wealth of info on military surplus vehicles over there. Some of those guys have parts stashes and connections you and I could only dream of.
Thanks!!! Do you know what size spindle the m101s have?? I am missing the outer spindle washer. It has an inner "D" shape. Need to know what size to order?????

Kflash

Adventurer
I figured it out. Local trailer parts supply. Common stock item for a 1" spindle. I'm back in business

Kflash

Adventurer
All,

I stopped by a local tire store to ask about an all terrain tire for the trailer. They told me that they couldn't mount one on knowing that it was for a trailer. Is there a regulation prohibiting this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal