Canadian Patrol GQ build up

Abitibi

Explorer
Salut Pascal

Je suis originaire de La Sarre mais presentement a Vancouver. Oui, j'adore mon truck, merci! Je fais souvent des roadtrips, a ma prochaine visite chez ma famille je passerai par Amos!

Ciao!
David

targa88

Explorer
Salut Pascal

Je suis originaire de La Sarre mais presentement a Vancouver. Oui, j'adore mon truck, merci! Je fais souvent des roadtrips, a ma prochaine visite chez ma famille je passerai par Amos!

Ciao!
David

Tu va conduire de Vancouver a Lasarre. C'est tout un chemin a faire. De Calgary jusqu'en Ontario, ca doit etre un des pire route a faire (IMHO)...

Abitibi

Explorer
Salut Colin,

J'ai deja fait le trajet une dizaine de fois et le pire bout est bien le Nord de l'Ontario! Mais plus je fais le trajet meilleur ca devient...

Ciao!

Abitibi

Explorer
Yes she will! I'm at the painting stage for all the lift parts, received my extended brake lines a week ago so it's coming together nicely, can't wait!

I've put a first layer of insulation under the roof and mounted cargo nets at the back and on the sides. I'll add another layer of insulating foam and it should be good enough. Pics here are showing the roof without insulation and with hooks to support the nets but since I added the insulation the hooks are gone.

I'm using these nets mostly for clothing, bedding... No tool box in there! Works great. Pics of insulated roof to come later.

I've also started the cabinets...

Cheers
Mr. D
d8da1dfb-6f68-3877.jpg

d8da1dfb-6f80-46ae.jpg

d8da1dfb-6f97-8d1d.jpg

d8da1dfb-6faa-b3be.jpg

Abitibi

Explorer
Hi guys,

Got a few updates over the wknd. After removing my headliner I insulated the roof with a low density foam used for sub-floor so it doesn't absorb moisture. I still need to add a second layer before calling it a finished product but so far so good (pictures soon).

A big change was lifting the truck by 3-4" by installing custom made DropBox (thanks Jesse!), new HD Dubinson coils and longer Procomp shocks. I couldn't bare the coils teal color nor the white shocks so I painted everything my favorite color; old Vespa green! Hard not to get carried away with painting more underneath...

Truck rides and looks great, what a change!*
d179e1fb-defe-a641.jpg

d179e1fb-df18-5a91.jpg

d179e1fb-df31-0156.jpg

d179e1fb-df50-8f4d.jpg

I'll be slowing down a bit on the build up as I just jumped into another fun project; Renovating a heritage house... Should keep me busy for the next 10 yrs!

http://184.72.239.143/mu/d179e1fb-df6d-d06b.jpg[IMG]

Cheers
Mr. D

Abitibi

Explorer
Here's a few pics of the insulated roof, still need to add another layer to be done.

cf512191-a16c-66b1.jpg

cf512191-a197-6b10.jpg

And these pics I took today on the sunshine coast of BC, nice Zen day!

cf512191-a2be-d087.jpg

cf512191-a2e7-991b.jpg

cf512191-a308-888d.jpg

cf512191-a337-caa9.jpg

cf512191-a35e-9ac2.jpg

cf512191-a3b7-f3c7.jpg

cf512191-a3ca-220c.jpg

cf512191-a428-3255.jpg

cf512191-a44c-0121.jpg

cf512191-a49d-95bd.jpg

jpvm

Explorer
Very nice pics man !!! , the High roof Safari looks great now !! ... now get an LS7 and put it under the bonnet !! :elkgrin::elkgrin:

Abitibi

Explorer
I'll be adding a turbo before anything else, especially not another engine!!!

On those pictures I was just testing my new lift to see what kind of flex I could get... Bonus I had the amazing sceneries!!!

Abitibi

Explorer
It's been a very long time since I updated my post or had time to play on my truck but here's a few new welcome additions that will surely come handy!

I got the ARB Awning from a Expo vendor, great price and nice simple set up. We also managed with Jfarsang to finish my front bullbar although I still need to give it a couple more paint coats, probably black as my Vespa green turned out kinda ugly! Once that's done I'll be ready to mount my 8274 and the triple Lightforce HID lights.

Aside from that we are slowly reconfiguring a new diesel tank to be mounted under the truck instead of on the roof rack. Tank is ready, just need to be fitted. My air tank will have to be relocated, probably inside the truck. I found a different style of tank, smaller in diameter but longer and FREE! I started installing my water-injection as well, pump found it's place, just need to do all the plumbing. I also got all my parts for my custom snorkel, just need to figure out and build the new airbox. So far so good!

Cheers,
Mr. D

Screen shot 2011-06-07 at 8.40.11 PM.jpgScreen shot 2011-06-07 at 8.10.59 PM.jpgScreen shot 2011-06-07 at 8.11.40 PM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk