cargo net divider

02rangeredge

Adventurer
Anyone know of a cargo net ment as a divider for a 4 door extended cab? Have a large dog that believes he belongs in the front seat (the girlfriend called dibs, she's been around longer) and am planning a camping trip about 7 hrs away. The rear of the extended cab seems like an ideal location when loaded down with gear

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I clip a short leash (less than 2') to the child safety seat point at the top of the back seat. It's long enough for him to stand up, turnaround, and lay down again, but short enough to keep him in the back seat.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I clip a short leash (less than 2') to the child safety seat point at the top of the back seat. It's long enough for him to stand up, turnaround, and lay down again, but short enough to keep him in the back seat.

that does give an idea, I have an older truck so jump seats, not a bench in the back, but I may be able to utilize the seat belt retainer. I hadn't thought about restraining him to the existing seat

02rangeredge

Adventurer

kkammenzind

Just bought a short lead with seat belt buckle on one end and a snap on the other end. Adjustable length.
Recomend use with a harness rather than a collar. Amazon $7.00

02rangeredge

Adventurer
Just bought a short lead with seat belt buckle on one end and a snap on the other end. Adjustable length.
Recomend use with a harness rather than a collar. Amazon $7.00

I've seen them, I wonder if it's strong enough though, I think he's a rot, great Dane, about a year, so maybe 50 lbs so far

kkammenzind

Pretty well made. Heavy webbing and stitching. Lookking at the reviews people are using them for labs and shepperds.
Our dog is a 25lber. Might beee worth a try for the price. It works great for us.

Mfitz

Bungee cargo net? Like the ones they sell for the bed of a pickup? I bet that would work and is easily modifiable for size.

subyrally

I have a 90lb dog that tries to jump into the front seat. The best thing i have found so far, is using a back seat cover that goes from the front headrests to the rear headrests. it gives the dog a bit more room to use since it covers the foot well and the front side of it covers the gap between the front seats. to make sure he stays in back, i also put a bungie cord between the seats attached to the posts on the front headrests to keep him from trying to climb over the top of the liner.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I have a 90lb dog that tries to jump into the front seat. The best thing i have found so far, is using a back seat cover that goes from the front headrests to the rear headrests. it gives the dog a bit more room to use since it covers the foot well and the front side of it covers the gap between the front seats. to make sure he stays in back, i also put a bungie cord between the seats attached to the posts on the front headrests to keep him from trying to climb over the top of the liner.

my headrests are fixed sadly, so no posts, and my back seat is a jumper seat, so no rear seat to connect to, trust me that was my first ides

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chubbytaco