Changing hubs on Xventure XV-2, need advice.

emulous74

I have purchased, but not picked up yet a 2014 Xventure XV-2 Essentials Plus Demo directly from Schutt Industries. As you can see in the picture the tires are not made for off-road and as this was a demo, I'm sure it probably spent most of it's time on a paved road.

From what I can tell, the XV-2 has 6 x 5.5 lug layout, rim size 16 x 7.5". I at first thought, save some money and just get new tires for the trailer, but my bad impulse last night just had me buy 4 ZR2 rims and tires with about 10K miles on them. As I own an '18 ZR2, having matching rims/tires on the trailer will look very good IMO. The ZR2 rims are 17" with 6 x 120 lug setup

Schutt advertises that the hubs are easily interchangeable, but I can't find anything on the web on how to do it for this on this particular trailer, although you can see many folks have added rims to match their vehicle rims. I know I need hubs that will match up with the axle in terms of spline and axle weight limits.

I see that there are many kits for trailers for new hubs, mind you didn't see any that provided a 6 x 120 lug setup. As I've never done anything like this before, and don't have an issue paying someone to do it or doing it myself, I'd like to hear what is the proper way of going about this and where to source the correct hubs.

Any advice or links to good information is much appreciated.

ottsville

Observer
Once you find the right hubs, it's just the same as doing a bearing service for a trailer and there are plenty of videos on that. However, not all bolt configurations are available in trailer hubs, especially for smaller(lighter capacity) axles. If that is the case for your axle you may consider going with adapters for your wheels. Those can be ordered from places like adaptitUSA. Keep in mind that those will add space to your setup as well and tires may stick out beyond your fenders.

Also with just changing the hubs and using your new wheels, make sure you have enough space between the new tires and trailer sides to avoid rubbing.

old_CWO

I am fairly certain you will need adapters. 6x120 is not available as a trailer hub pattern that I have ever seen, and the GM wheels probably have too much backspacing for a trailer anyway. Adapters should be able to solve both those issues.

I think the stock tires are fine myself...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179