changing lug patern need help

tacoma2

Does anyone know how to go about this I want to change the lug patern on my trailer from 5 to 6so that it matches my truck. But I don't know how to tell if I am able to or not any help is very appreciated

chasespeed

Explorer
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.....

If you have a trailer shop, or Boat us, etc... you can pull one of the spindles, bring it to the local shop, or Boat US, and they should be able to match you up with a set of 6x5.5 to match your Taco.....

Chase

tacoma2

ok cool thanks for the help thats what i was wondering i really hope they can cuase i have old wheels that i pulled off my truck that would match it for the trailer and help it sit higher. anything i need to watch out for when pulling the spindle off

njtaco

Explorer
If you note the bearing numbers and call some trailer axle suppliers (Dexter Axle, ABC Trailer Parts, Franklin Trailers, etc.) they may be able to sell you "loaded hubs" with new bearings, seals, retainers, etc. and send them to your door.

www.abctrailerparts.com

www.dexteraxle.com

www.franklintrailers.com

Before you get too far into this, make sure the rims you want to use don't have so much backspacing that the tires rub the trailer. Compare the wheel mating surface-to-trailer body distance against the tires and rims you want to use and allow about two inches of clearance. You may want to upgrade your axle now to achieve this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad