Cheap sleep systems

al_burpe

Observer
I am curious what people have had success with for sleeping pads/mattresses that are inexpensive options. All the one's I see reviews on seem very pricey. I know you often pay for what you get, but I am wondering what value products are out there that people have liked. For me, it would be used in a ground tent and I am looking for something for my wife and I to get a better nights sleep while camping. We have used cheaper Walmart air mattresses in the past, and I would like something that is a step up from that. Here are a few of the products I have found so far.

Let me know what other creative ideas you have had for a comfortable sleep system that didn't cost $300 plus.

robert

Expedition Leader
I've had a Cabela's outfitters pad in the back of my truck for the last couple of years (it was back there while I was overseas too) and I like it. Unfortunately with Bass Pro (doom on them) destroying Cabela's, I have no idea if they make anything worth buying these days. I've got some friends who like their Big Agnes pads. If you're just car camping (overlanding if you're instaglamming), most of the Amazon roll up mattresses will work (there are several recommendations on tacomaworld for example) but you have to worry about moisture. I'd also look into cots with a closed cell foam pad on top.

Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle