Chevy AWD Van Build - Butch Van Walterdalen

TheEL

Observer
Soooo this happened... Traxxda lift kit, toyo open country at 2s and black rhino warlord wheels. Stoked! Gonna take her on her first adventure in a couple of weeks.

First tank of gas yielded about 12 mpg. Pretty much all city driving and that was on the older tires which looked pretty under inflated. Running a bottle of seafoam through this tank...

Gonna get started on the insulation today...

Photo-Jul-16,-8-59-57-AM.jpg

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
Soooo this happened... Traxxda lift kit, toyo open country at 2s and black rhino warlord wheels. Stoked! Gonna take her on her first adventure in a couple of weeks.

First tank of gas yielded about 12 mpg. Pretty much all city driving and that was on the older tires which looked pretty under inflated. Running a bottle of seafoam through this tank...

Gonna get started on the insulation today...

View attachment 355787

Did your fuel economy increase with the new wheels and tires lift ?

Also what kit did you buy, link would help as I am exploring options for my van.

TheEL

Observer
Long time no nothing. Been a busy few months for me so have had little time to make a lot of progress on the van but here are some updates.

Got the insulation done, the floor down, and the walls up. Still have to cut the hole for my roof vent and then do the ceiling. Really happy how everything is sitting in there so far. No noticeable creeks squeaks or rattles. The loudest thing is still the sliding door mechanism. I cant figure out what rattles so much in there. Not terrible but would be nice to make it quite somehow.

Not pictured is the finished edge of the panels on the pass side. Will try to get one up.

Photo%20Oct%2029%2C%205%2030%2033%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2029%2C%205%2030%2026%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2015%2C%204%2013%2009%20PM.jpg

Last edited:

TheEL

Observer
Long time no nothing. Wanted to share some updates. Got the van painted! Really happy with how it came out. Also started working on the platform build out. It was very much inspired by NARVs build out. I liked how his bed was easy to take out for cargo van usage purposes if needed. Still a long way to go but it finally feels like its something at this point.

IMG_5795.jpg
IMG_5797.jpg
IMG_5830.jpg
IMG_5846.jpg
IMG_5853.jpg

macexpress

Observer
Your van is looking nice. The new color looks really good!

I like the interior design your going with also. That's what I'm planning on doing when I finally get around to working on my van again

TheEL

Observer
Hey all.
Been doing some research about installing my aux battery. It appears that the diesel express vans have a 2nd battery factory mounted on the drivers side somewhere along the frame. I looked under there today and there does seem to be a plethora of mounting points. Im just wondering if anyone out there has a diesel express and has pictures of where this battery is mounted. I found the GM part number for the OEM battery tray and would like to consider this as a location for my AUX battery.

bdog1

Adventurer
I understand your looking for a bolt on. The ford frame battery mount boxes are always selling néw on eBay., maybe there's Chevys on there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have an actual picture of one, but here is the mounting location. Drivers side outside of frame rail just behind a body mount.

Attachments

• Battery Box.jpg
    Battery Box.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete