Chinook Newport on a 1992 4wd Toyota

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
This is sweet! http://juneau.craigslist.org/rvs/5176052829.html
00j0j_1fA2dylZFbo_600x450.jpg

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I recall reading about the couple that was running this rig. They had a blog out there some place I stumbled on to it. Looks like he's decided to move up. I wonder if he swapped the engine? I recall he wasn't happy with the 3L v6 and I think he was looking at doing a swap to a newer V6 for better power and reliability.

60toyetero

Adventurer
nope.. still the 3.0 v6.. this is a sweet set up but man the 3.0 is the only Toyota engine I stay away from. Looks like a sweet rig for someone who is not afraid of the what ifs. Toyota still a Toyota so the drivetrain is solid! I think these Toyota Tacoma Chinook convertions are the sweetest thing ever!

MTAA

Adventurer
Out of curiosity (and not knowing anything about the Toyota motors!) what is the issues you feel would warrant staying away from the 3.0l engines?

Thanks.

nope.. still the 3.0 v6.. this is a sweet set up but man the 3.0 is the only Toyota engine I stay away from. Looks like a sweet rig for someone who is not afraid of the what ifs. Toyota still a Toyota so the drivetrain is solid! I think these Toyota Tacoma Chinook convertions are the sweetest thing ever!

PaulyWalnuts

Headgasket issues are very common, terrible gas mileage and vastly underpowered. The 3.4L (5VZ) is leagues better in every measurable way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven