co2 tank to air tank?

bobDog

Expedition Leader
In San Diego I walk up to Airgas and give them my empty tank and they give me a filled tank back $20.00. Unless you have become attached to this tank just do an exchange and forget about it.
X2!!!:coffeedrink:

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I've stored my Power Tank in my vehicle flat since 2008 and never had a problem with liquid CO2 getting into the regulator.... and if it does, it's never been a problem.

tmac

Adventurer
I've stored my Power Tank in my vehicle flat since 2008 and never had a problem with liquid CO2 getting into the regulator.... and if it does, it's never been a problem.

Storing the tank horizontal is not the issue, using the tank horizontal is the problem.

Quote from Powertank website.
Q: ?Can it be mounted sideways??
A2: Yes. It can be mounted sideways or even up side down but the tank must be upright or at least at a 30-degree angle while being used. The reason it must be upright during use is because you want the liquid at the bottom of the tank and the vapor at the top coming through the valve and regulator. We highly recommend that your Power TankTM be mounted in a vertical to 45° minimum angle position so it does not need to be removed from its mounting bracket for each use and so it is never mistakenly used in a horizontal position. In an RV, storage sideways in the cargo hold is fine.

good news today, fellas. i had called the closest to me airgas and was told it was a no go on the tank. called another air gas today and was told that as long as the cert on the tank was good they would fill it no problem. i'm good until the end of september this year. he even gave me the name of a local fire extingusher place to get the tank recertified when the time comes.

thanks to all those who said " airgas will refill mine no questions asked". one phone call will make a $5 investment work teh way i want. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk