Coilovers: are they worth the cost?

YotaPilot

Adventurer
Anyone have any experience with All-Pro or Toytec's coilovers? They both use bilstein 5100 shocks with their own springs. All-Pro uses a 550 lb spring and cost $699. Toytec uses a 600 or 650 lb spring and costs $750.

They cost considerably less than the other coilovers mentioned previously. Are they of lesser quality? Please share your experiences with them.

Last edited:

juicebox

Adventurer
Toytec/Allpro C/O's are not rebuildable like the higher end coilovers are. I would imagine that not as much R&D goes in to them, hence the lower prices. So, short answer, I would imagine they are lesser quality.

Clutch

<---Pass
Anyone have any experience with All-Pro or Toytec's coilovers? They both use bilstein 5100 shocks with their own springs. All-Pro uses a 550 lb spring and cost $699. Toytec uses a 600 or 650 lb spring and costs $750.

They cost considerably less than the other coilovers mentioned previously. Are they of lesser quality? Please share your experiences with them.

Keep an eye one the Race Dezert classifieds deals come up.

Doesn't say what truck these fit, but here is an example:

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifieds/index.php?ct=orpart&md=details&id=23870

idahocartel

So anyone here used the all-pro bilstein set up? For 699$ to start with and last a few years, this might be ideal. I don't wast to drop 2+k right off the bat. I don't have expo bumper. Also their rear bilstien expo spring seem nice.
I just got a 03 DC 4x taco last week after the tragic death of the disco. Put cant wait to build the taco;)

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I would hesitate to go with the bilsteins. It has been my experience that rebuildable shocks will need to be rebuilt before the bilsteins need to be replaced. If your not running fast and hard the bilsteins will be fine.
So anyone here used the all-pro bilstein set up? For 699$ to start with and last a few years, this might be ideal. I don't wast to drop 2+k right off the bat. I don't have expo bumper. Also their rear bilstien expo spring seem nice.
I just got a 03 DC 4x taco last week after the tragic death of the disco. Put cant wait to build the taco;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
havanother