Coleman PerfectFlow Insta Start Propane Grill-Anyone have one?

IHDiesel73L

Adventurer
I've been searching for information on small backpackable grills and found this:

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2000000958

I want a grill that I can easily pack so that I can carry it on a two mile hike to a swimming hole in the Delaware Water Gap NRA. The rules and regs state that no ground fires or charcoal grills are permitted-self contained stoves/grills only. Being the farthest from parking areas serving the other two lakes its usually the quietest during the summer months. The plan is to load up a backpack with the grill, a small soft "lunchbox" type cooler, and all of the food. Another person can pack in the camp chairs. The idea is to be able to hang out at the lake with the family all day and be able to make a good hot lunch. One of my concerns is what happens after you use it. Packing in a nice clean grill is one thing-packing out a grill that had fatty/greasy burgers cooked on it is another. Is it easy enough to clean so that I can wipe it down in the field and not have grease running all over my pack as I hike back to the truck?

Last edited:

Scoutn79

Adventurer
I don't have one of those grills but I put my gas grill in a contractors grade black trash bag to carry in my truck. This way all of the grease and crude is contained.
Darrell

JamesDowning

Explorer
I've had one of those for a few years.

01.jpg

It cooks well, but there's a reason it has it's own hard case that I store on the roof.

kitchencase2.JPG

That reason is the same one that has put me on the market for a propane stove (sans grill). I'm retiring the grille to deck use only.

I would not say that cleaning is really easy for any grill, and certainly not something that's easy to do at camp. I would normally let the grill cool down, then pack it away... then clean at home. If you store or carry it vertically the grease will drip out of the seam between the top and the grill base. If you end up packing this somewhere, I'd be sure to put the grill itself in a plastic bag to make sure it doesn't leak in your pack.

Leakproof it is not, otherwise decent grill it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater