Colorado adventures -- part 3

photoleif

Observer
Continued from part 2

The road down was about as rocky as going up. We stopped for some more photo-ops. One was a grove of bristlecone pines. For those of you not familiar with them, they can live to astounding ages – some are among the oldest living things on the planet – easily 2,500 years old. This grove was small and fairly immature.

colo19.jpg

Grove of bristlecone pines.

After we got down the mountain, we restocked at a grocery store and headed up a nearby 14er – Mt. Evans. It’s not exactly an expedition since it’s paved the whole way and you pay a fee to enter, but it got David his first 14er.

colo20.jpg

Here’s the compulsory mountain goat shot.

colo21.jpg

At the summit. A little Photoshopping goes a long way… these were separate exposures we made of each other. On the way down, we encountered a little fresh snow and a lot of people unaccustomed to driving on mountain roads.

colo22.jpg

David’s new pride and joy, which he’s out testing today.

colo23.jpg

The wonderful view of my (David’s) drive back to Bozeman; this was in Wyoming. It’s a fun drive… No, really, it is!

That's All, Folks!

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Thanks so much for the report and pictures. Your images are great and make me wish I was back in CO for more adventure.

That summit ridgeline is killer :rappel:

photoleif

Observer
expeditionswest said:
Thanks so much for the report and pictures. Your images are great and make me wish I was back in CO for more adventure.

That summit ridgeline is killer :rappel:
thanks...glad to contribute. i don't recall who shot each of the photos, so david shares in the compliment. i sure could have used at least a couple more days of
Tire.gif
and :camping:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
All three CO threads are great, nice photos! I'm looking forward to my next trip to Colorado, such a beautiful state. :clapsmile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk