compact coffee maker for business trip

DoraExplorer

Hi there, I hope you're doing well!
I always cook coffee, I got used to drinking coffee every day. Next 2 months I'll be living in a hotel, because of the business trip. I'd like to buy a portable coffee machine, to take it with me. I mean something like this stuff. Cooking coffee in cezve in the hotel is not being considered, it's too much hassle. I don't have experience with coffee makers, so I'd like to discover all the ropes before I buy it. Is there somebody who stopped cooking coffee themselves and switched to coffee makers?

Last edited:

brianb2

I’d think about something like the aero press or a pour over Setup. Both make a good cup of coffee.

From a prior experience I lived in the same hotel room mon-fri for almost 6 months. Talk to the manager, they may have a way to help. Then if not you can amazon one of the single cup systems and have it in a day or two. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Three portable choices:

1. Portable electric percolator
2. Simple pour over with filters
3. Small French Press

F3089AB7-D636-4A61-A69D-46DAA2C2267B.jpeg

The percolator is 8” high by 4” in diameter
French press is 6 1/2 by @ 3”
I’ve used all in hotelling.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Aeropress is about as small and high quality as you can get at a really good price.
Target has them last time I looked.
We have traveled for years with one and my wife loves the coffee out of it. Plus the grounds are like a puck so quick and easy clean up.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Snowpeak coffee press - I use mine every day (including at home).

Fredricksen

When you say.. "Take it with me" do you mean TO the hotel, or back home when you leave the hotel?

The quality if the coffee you drink could also play into your decision.
Buying whole bean, single origin, specialty coffee with a score over 85
vs something that is pre-ground and comes in a fold down bag or resealable can.

Get something when you arrive at your destination..
Buying an electric kettle and a french press may be simplest..no filters, dump the grounds in the toilet and it will allow for tea.
or a simple all-in-one style Mr Coffee 1,4, or 12 cup type.

It's called "instant coffee" for a reason

coffee.jpg

brianb2

I like The coffee you get from a French press, but the clean up could be an issue in a hotel room.

john61ct

Adventurer

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I like The coffee you get from a French press, but the clean up could be an issue in a hotel room.

The Aeropress is just like a french press but cleanup is super easy as it ends as a puck of ground that you can push out into the trash and a quick wipe with a papertowel and you are done

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
There are all sorts of coffee makers you can buy at Walmart for under $20.00. Not really much of an issue.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Another option for a good cup of coffee in the morning while away from home is Starbucks Via instants.
All you need is a cup, a way to boil water (hotel microwave, jet boil, etc...) and any fix-ins you like.
Costco sells a 2-pack of 26 packets, so that should cover you for two weeks. They're also a god send when on the trail. Good luck.
IMG_20190721_055739387.jpg
IMG_4995.JPG

Last edited:

perterra

Adventurer
Another option for a good cup of coffee in the morning while away from home is Starbucks Via instants.
All you need is a cup, a way to boil water (hotel microwave, jet boil, etc...) and any fix-ins you like.
Costco sells a 2-pack of 26 packets, so that should cover you for two weeks. They're also a god send when on the trail. Good luck.
View attachment 557273

This is what I always did. It's really good stuff, we aint talkin Nescafe. Not bad mouthing Nescafe cause plenty of my south of the border amigos prefer it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3