Conqueror Batteries

Honu

lost on the mainland
the manual never came in but I got a schematic of the panel unit

as far as charging the battery part numbers ? I am just going to use the national luna kit and cables and parts it came with and a remote winch cable extesion to the rear setup you can get from warn or the other winch company ? forgot who it is ?? came with the cable and plugs
but will be posting pics of it
national luna kit
http://store.expeditioneers.com/completekit22.html

the plugs are like this
http://www.truechoice.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AND 50G

I also will have a breaker and a switch at the trailer to shut if off manually if I choose

from reading a few guys from SA and OZ who know there stuff they swear by not combining your battery charging into a 7 pin

also they swear by using a large cable like for a winch or jumper cable size and not a small one
all the battery experts I have talked to also say this !!!
for many reasons but mainly to keep the power up the most and get the best performance of recharging

also the reasons they all swear by not using a 7 pin are if something grounds out for whatever reason you have a problem !!! if its part of your wiring that makes your trailer safe to tow like your brakes or lights you have a worse problem :)
also the dinky cable size wont perform as well

the other thing about the anderson plugs stopping at the back of your two rig and one at the trailer then a cable to go in-between you do not have a cable dragging if you choose not to run the charging part of it ? for whatever reason
also you can make a custom length setup and if it gets kinked or damaged which would be the part that would have a issue its easy to make a new one or carry a spare one along and replace it
also if it snags it wont damage the wiring on the trailer side it will just pull out

from reading and studying it really makes a lot of sense when you think about it

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I have my charge wire isolated except for the jumper between the connector and tongue; it's there until I figure a better way to use it.
My alternator is only big enough to provide a float charge anyhow; I rely on shore power for full charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater