Considering A Trailer

joker2041

Adventurer
Thanks for all the compliments. I towed the trailer home last night almost 6 hours on the highway. It towed excellent and handled well. I drove anywhere from 55 to 85 and it was smooth.

The trailer is actually a lot nicer in person. The fit and finish are excellent. I have seen Sierra 4x4 trailers and the Manley trailers blow em out of the water as far as quality goes.

All the small details are what really make em stand out. I will have to get a review with video and pics when I have the chance.

Sent from my iMind with pure genius.

Sgt93

On the Manley, the aluminum cover should come standard on the original trailer. I want a trailer with a lid and am leaning towards the Rutger because of this.. I do like that Manley is made relatively close to me. Decisions, decisions.

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
On the Manley, the aluminum cover should come standard on the original trailer. I want a trailer with a lid and am leaning towards the Rutger because of this.. I do like that Manley is made relatively close to me. Decisions, decisions.

From my reading, the guy that runs Ruger is a standup guy and his customer's have been satisfied. I don't think you will go wrong with either trailer, but there are differences and that's why the price structure for our respective companies differ. It all depends on what you want, what's important to you, how you will use the trailer and your budget. At the end of the day, a Ruger Trailer might be the right choice and I can respect that!

I'd be happy to discuss our design what makes our trailer different for the added cost, feel free to give me a call 330.227.4865. As you mentioned, your not too far from us, so if you ever going through Ohio, I'd be happy to show you around the shop as well.

-Josh

TheThom

Adventurer
From my reading, the guy that runs Ruger is a standup guy and his customer's have been satisfied. I don't think you will go wrong with either trailer, but there are differences and that's why the price structure for our respective companies differ. It all depends on what you want, what's important to you, how you will use the trailer and your budget. At the end of the day, a Ruger Trailer might be the right choice and I can respect that!

I'd be happy to discuss our design what makes our trailer different for the added cost, feel free to give me a call 330.227.4865. As you mentioned, your not too far from us, so if you ever going through Ohio, I'd be happy to show you around the shop as well.

-Josh

I just want to say that in a forum dominated by threads complaining about customer service, this attitude is a refreshing change of pace

Woods

Explorer
So what would you put the percentage at, for "threads complaining about customer service" to threads not complaining about customer service?

I just want to say that in a forum dominated by threads complaining about customer service, this attitude is a refreshing change of pace

Eric7576

RUGER Trailer!!!! :)

Just brought home my new trailer and I couldn't be happier!!! This thing is AWESOME and Steve (the Founder/Owner) of Ruger Trailers really deserves an outstanding recommendation! In all honesty, I'm not sure my words will adequately describe the kudos he merits.

First of all, I did a ton of general research before deciding to buy one of Steve's trailers (I always think things through extensively before I make a purchase like this because I want to make the right decision the first time). Initially, I felt that Steve offered a great product at a wonderful price. But during the course of our conversations, I could tell that Steve was absolutely concerned about giving me the trailer I wanted and offered customer service second to none! I had a lot of questions about tires/wheels/etc. and other things I wanted to customize on the trailer to make it similar to my Jeep for looks and functionality. I learned so much from our conversations and e-mails. I can't begin to tell you how much work, research and effort he put into my questions even before I had committed to buying the trailer! Seriously, he spent a great deal of time looking into the details of some difficult questions I was asking. I could tell he cared and wanted to find the answers to those questions.

Needless to say, Steve made an INCREDIBLE trailer! He color matched it to my Jeep, made changes to their usual fenders to accommodate my aftermarket wheels and tires, made it a front-pivoting lid so that the back opens, and added the tailgate. I have to note that regarding the wheels, I had purchased some from Quadratec and had them sent to Steve's business. He then took them to the local tire shop and got the exact tires I wanted put on the wheels. Now I have the same size wheels/tires on the Jeep, Jeep spare and trailer. In the event I ever get a flat I can use the Jeep spare for the Jeep or trailer.

As far as the workmanship is concerned, you can tell that Steve takes great pride in his work and wants his customers to get what they want. I was very impressed with the build of the trailer. It is very well crafted, has clean lines, is lightweight, and pulls incredibly well behind my Jeep (2012 Rubicon). I can barely tell it is there. A couple of days after I got it home my friend and I put on a Thule rack, and I then put my cargo box on top of it. I can easily move the trailer around my garage by hand.

One of the other great things about this trailer purchase is that I feel like it was a very good price, even with all the 'customized' things I added to the trailer. I know there are other great trailer fabricators out there as well; but when you combine Steve's incredible customer service, his meticulous attention to detail, and his competitive prices, I am certain you will be extremely happy with your decision!!

Attachments

• IMG_3472.jpg
    IMG_3472.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3478.jpg
    IMG_3478.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3476.jpg
    IMG_3476.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 19

Eric7576

More pics per request

Here are some more pics of the trailer. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions! Happy expeditions! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3480.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3488.jpg
    IMG_3488.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3489.jpg
    IMG_3489.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3492.jpg
    IMG_3492.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 16

joker2041

Adventurer
Hey guys.... I promised a review, but life and weather have been ****ty.

I keep my promises. It will show up soon.

Sent с большим уважением

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater