Converted Military M101 Trailer with Rooftop Tent, 35" Tires

Jjcanoer

Trailer has been Sold.

I'm selling my modified military camper trailer with a large rooftop tent (tepui), we pulled this from Indiana to Colorado last year and spent a couple weeks camping in the Rockies. The trailer will go anywhere your vehicle can go. It has 35" MT tires, and 2 6V golf cart batteries to power the lights. The lights are in the bed, underneath, and spots on all 4 corners. Wired to charge batteries while going down the road. Also has a custom tonneau cover to keep dust and water out off your gear. Prior to our trip last year we had a local trailer shop check brakes and pack bearings. The hitch also articulates up and down & left and right for those rough trails. We pull it with a Toyota 4runner and the trailer is exactly as wide as the 4runner. Overall the trailer is in great shape, but does have some nicks and dents as expected. Trailer also comes with a hitch for bike racks on the back plus an extra full-size spare tire. We also added a table that folds down for easy cooking or tailgating. This trailer turns heads. Let me know if you have any questions.

Asking $4900. I'll also be posting on craigslist in the Indianapolis Area.

Attachments

• IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 921
  • IMG_1213.JPG
    IMG_1213.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_1576.JPG
    IMG_1576.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_1631.JPG
    IMG_1631.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_1635.JPG
    IMG_1635.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_3502.JPG
    IMG_3502.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:

mvmtmkr

Looks awesome! which tepui tent is it?

Only bummer is I'm in SoCal...

Did you buy the trailer with most of this done already or do it yourself over time?

It looks great.

Jjcanoer

Most of it was already done (wheels, welding, paint, articulating hitch, rtt). I rewired the trailer (added the batteries, lights, rear hitch, jerry can, and folding table). Honestly, I'm not sure which tepui tent it is, we fit 4 (2 adults / 2kids ) in it once in a pinch but that was tight. You could fit 3 comfortably. The rtt also has an annex but we've never used it.

mvmtmkr

would you be willing to sell without the RTT?

I found a M116 style trailer that a guy customized (painted all black, put 37" tires on, that's prob about it) and he's selling it for $1,200. Only problem is that style isn't like yours with the closed bed, it's a flatbed style. I'm not sure how I feel about having to use boxes fastened to the trailer. Open bed seems like a much easier route and more usable space.

Means I'll have to find a way to build some metal walls on to create a bed, and i've never done anything like that so it'd be a bit of a project.

If you were willing to sell without the RTT, what price would you ask?

Cheers
Adam

ps reason i ask about selling without the RTT is because we have a 6mon old and I plan to use this as she grows and when we add another, so the tent i've found is massive, much larger than the largest Tepui.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbar85