Cook Partner stove FAQ / Master thread

swamp2

Fantastic wind flap retention system upgrade here:

I got some ideas from linked threads here to improve, by replacement, the wavy wind screen rods on these stoves. I had to buy a bunch of the custom threaded rods needed and would like to sell the rest as complete replacement sets.

These are all stainless steel, rods, nuts and knurled thumb nuts. They are custom bent to fit a 22" stove perfectly and securely hold the flaps (will likely fit many other stoves but you'll need to confirm that). The assemblies consist of 2 ea. of:
  • Custom bent M3 stainless partially threaded rods
  • 2 stainless nuts locking against the:
  • Knurled, stainless M3 thumb nut
  • M3 stainless nut for height control
  • M3 stainless nylock to prevent loss/pull out
The picture of the item alone doesn't have the nylocks and regular nuts in the correct spots but the installed pictures are the correct configuration and what I'm selling here. Only 4 sets available. $25, free CONTUS shipping.

PXL_20240817_154634235_1.jpgPXL_20240904_234204354.jpgPXL_20240904_234335772_1.jpg

Mod/Admin: I'm not a business, just an enthusiast, passing on a one time batch of a nice little stove modification.

jchasse

So I have a 2-burner with the break-apart hinge. The gas lines feed into the front, next to the burner control knobs (I inderstand why, but it sucks from a practicality standpoint). And the lines are so stiff and awkward, and the stove(s) are so light, you can't just set things up where you want. The gas lines dictate everything. You can't get the y-connection to lie flat? Then the stove actually lifts off of your table. Move the gas source and both stoves move accordingly whether you like it or not. Are there more flexible gas lines for this thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3