cooper discoverer stt

mcm4090

Explorer
Looking for feedback from people that have used the cooper discoverer stt tires.
Anything you like or disliked about these would be helpful. How do they least?

Also would like to know a good place to get them from.

Thanks mike.

87FoRunner

Adventurer
Discount Tire Direct sells them for fair prices, but local places might be able to get you a better deal.

I run the Pro Comp Xtreme MT, which is a rebranded version of the STT. I have no complaints other than some chipping (I've played on some pretty sharp rocks though) They do well in light ice, snow. They clog up in the mud unless you get on the skinny pedal. (the STTs look like they would do better in the mud because of a higher void ratio)

They grip the rocks and the street very well. I would definitely buy again. :victory:

PhulesAU

Explorer
The work and wear great! You will need to rotate on a regular basis, as with all "high" traction tires. I'm on my second set, 35k or so new tread pattern. the rocks in Texas don't bother them.:smiley_drive:

had a set of 235/85 on my tacoma. they started to wear a little funnny toward the end and shook a little bit, but i think that was probably my fault for not staying uo with my regular rotations. about 35k they were shot. with proper rotation they may be ok. hope this helps

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
my buddy has them in a 31" on his chevy, they are really good off road but can get squirrely on wet roads, and we locked the brakes up once (avoiding a crash) and they slid real bad, didn't stop too well, but u can expect that with most m/ts, they also seem to be really quiet too for a m/t

Krazors001

I have had them for about 2 years on my Cherokee in 245/75R16 Load E. I haven't had good luck with them as far as wear. I bought them april of 2008 and have about 50% tread wear with maybe about 20,000 miles. My friend has them on his in 35x12.5R15 and he has loved them most likely with replace them with these again. I think because his are either load c or d he has had better wear on them.

As far as on road(which is where the jeep spends 99% of its time) they have been good. I replaced my BFG ats in slightly smaller size with these and have been just as pleased with these. They are definitely louder than those were, but that is probably because of me not rotating them as much as I should and the larger lugs on these.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I haven't had good luck with them as far as wear. I bought them april of 2008 and have about 50% tread wear with maybe about 20,000 miles.

Huh? 20,000 miles with half tread left on a soft MT tire, and you arent happy with that wear? How much do you expect to get out of an MT...

I had a set on Tacoma, in 31 size, and they were a phenomenal tire. I am putting another set on my Cherokee soon as my current tires wear out. The STT's have been the best tire I have ever used out of about 5 or 6 different MT's ive ever owned, especially for the price.

~James

Krazors001

Huh? 20,000 miles with half tread left on a soft MT tire, and you arent happy with that wear? How much do you expect to get out of an MT...

I had a set on Tacoma, in 31 size, and they were a phenomenal tire. I am putting another set on my Cherokee soon as my current tires wear out. The STT's have been the best tire I have ever used out of about 5 or 6 different MT's ive ever owned, especially for the price.

~James

Looking at the tires, I have less than 50% tread comparing it to the brand new spare. As I stated, this was just my experience as friends have had better than I with more miles and really using these offroad.

DT75FLH

Adventurer
Ive run the STT because it was VERY close in tread pattern to the toyo mt.

I couldn't wait the 6 months for the toyo's (before they had a plant here)

they wore decent on a heavy truck (dodge diesel 3500) only complaint was the tire compound was a little harder than the toyo's and they had a tendency to chunk easier than the toyo's

I'm running the toyo MT on my CCLB f-350 tow rig and my choice is to stay with the toyo's

my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3