Creek's Xterra Build Thread

2K54X4

Adventurer
Looks sweet! I REALLY love the GOBI rack. I wish us Frontier owners had the selection like you X guys. That being said I have a Defender rack and some lights on the way. :)

We might have to meet somewhere in the middle and wheel someday. You're only about 1.5 hours from me.

Creek

Adventurer
When I'm back in town (middle of Sept), we'll meet up by Ft. C and hit up Moody Hill/Crystal Mtn and/or Kelly Flats/Seven Mile. Let's go!!!

Creek

Adventurer
what's the deal with those? Nissans aren't listed on the site. Special order? They could have a gold mine in the Xterra market if it's priced right.

silentsamurai

Explorer
Nice find on the racks! i'll have to hit up 4 wheel parts seeing that they are in santa ana and within 10 miles from my house.

looks like defender rack it is. how much did yours run? They are from burbank!? awesome. Maybe i can just pick it up from will call if they'd let me.

Adam

silentsamurai

Explorer
on 4wheelparts.com they have a $10% off which is $40.59 off the price.

So im lokin at $365.36 for the defender rack for my 05 CC frontier. Not bad

silentsamurai

Explorer
only thing im worried about with any rack system is my Wilson 1000 roof mount. I've already drilled a hole in my roof, and would prob have to install the rack around my antenna. i'd hate to have drilled and done all that work just to have to take it out.

Im guessing i would just place it over the last opening on the rack, but then the rack would be sticking out in back an inch or two. hmm. gonna have to sleep on it.

OnePieceRack.jpg

2K54X4

Adventurer
Creek said:
what's the deal with those? Nissans aren't listed on the site. Special order? They could have a gold mine in the Xterra market if it's priced right.

I'm going to have to mount it on top of my existing rack. Once it gets here I will have to fab up my own mounting system as they don't have a mount for the Nissans with racks. I'm sure that's why they don't list them on their site as compatible. There is another Frontier owner that has an old Confer rack (same rack) mounted on his, so I may use his idea. I went through 4wheelparts too. It was too hard to pass up with the discount going.

** You guys stay up too late for this old timer. :) **

silentsamurai

Explorer
I dont want to go off on a rant and possibly get myself into trouble. But If you view alot of the rack companies, they are all the same sizes. mount or no mount its the same size cages, all you gotta do is make your own mount. it's easier for me to say that because i dont have a slanted roof like the X does. But then again, if you have a rack, id rather have your option because you dont have to drill even more holes in your roof. our roof's cant handle that much anyways. so i guess it would be a good thing if you already have racks. (does that make sense) I think i confused myself haha.

about the late night posts. I work night shift in costa mesa as a radio dispatcher. So im workin 8pm to 6am down here in SoCal. I hope this rack finds you, sure looks like a good product.

Adam

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
I looked up my 2000 Fronty WITH factory rack - nothing available. But WITHOUT the rack they have one and mounting system to boot.

Pretty cool looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner