Croc Hunter '92 MJ

Gaucho919

Adventurer
it got dark on me so I couldn't take pictures but the motor RUNS!!!

I am still undecided on the front suspension, looking for ~4.5 of lift, thinking about OME934 coils and 1.75" spacers, and either clayton long arms or RC control arm drop brackets. price is a big thing bc I have so many parts to buy still, shocks are pretty expensive too. what are y'alls experiences with drop brackets?

catfish

You better hide that A/C delete pulley and bracket.
XJ owners see mine (factory non-AC XJ) and everyone wants it. :sombrero:
Nice work so far.

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Oh yeah my comanche is factory non a/c also, I like it that way. I have a/c in my TJ never ever use it. I didn't know those brackets were rare, I know auto parts stores dont carry the right pulley bc the one they gave me has too much lip around the bearing so it rubs, I had to swap out the bearing in my original pulley.

BEVAN

Adventurer
Yep I deleted mine... I have the pulley and the no A/C option head unit. Napa sells the bracket and pulley...

handsoff

Looking forward to seeing progress on this! I've always had a soft spot for Comanches, just never owned one myself. Also hoping you decide on 33x10.5 tires, it's an awesome size.

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Update...

-Pulled an np231 off a 2000 XJ from the junkyard on Saturday, not bad for $60. It is no contacting the body with the TJ nv3550, it is just about 1/4" away from it in one spot (might need to fix that with a hammer).

-Also pulled a clutch master and slave cylinder with the hydraulic line attached from a 94 XJ, $10 for all of it, not bad

-Got my ARB bullbar yesterday

-Ordered my Clayton long arms about 10 minutes ago

-Ran out of money haha

I'll post some pictures tonight when I get off work

Gaucho919

Adventurer
as promised
some progress

DSC_0187.jpg

The T-case/body clearance with the TJ NV3550

DSC_0190.jpg

Some Aussie accents

DSC_0193.jpg

decided to go for the Clayton long arms, figured I'd just go with a quality product and be done with it, gotta wait for the snorkel bc funds are running low, next are the OME934s and OME shocks, does anyone have a part # for some OME shocks for the rear spring over 6" lift? Thanks gents hope You like it

Gaucho919

Adventurer
My long arms came in today, these things are BEEFY!! Clayton makes a great product. Now I'm just waiting on my OME934s and I'll be installing the front suspension soon!

DSC_0195.jpg

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Got some more progress,

Welded the spring perches and shock mounts on the 8.8
Got a driveshaft from the junkyard, sanded painted and put fresh u-joints in it

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

Also my Old Man Emu springs came in
DSC_0203.jpg

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Hello Gents, its been a couple weeks since I last posted. Got quite a bit done, currently at a standstill waiting on funds...
Buttoned up the front grill
Got the claytons on the 2wd front axle bc I just recently acquired my HP D30 with 4.10s
Also drilled my crown victoria $5 junkyard rims for the jeep hubcaps and painted them. I think they look great!
only things left in order for it to drive comfortably are shocks, sway bar links and a shifter lever
Let me know what you think so far!

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

My brother from another mother's Comanche
DSC_0236.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk