Crossbars For RTT Support

I think the garden variety crossbars are for kayaks, canoes, etc. I put some crossbars on my wife’s Trailhawk recently and the advertised load rating was about what you’re citing there.

Yes, I'm sure that's what the companies are aiming for with their product, yet I've seen a ton of photos of RTTs strapped to such cross bars on top of vehicles...perhaps I'll copy and past them here in this thread so we can all o_O . Do those people just not care? Or maybe they're just unaware? Something I've always done when modifying a vehicle is to take into consideration the ramifications of such modifications...perhaps others don't. Just because something CAN be bolted on, doesn't mean it SHOULD be bolted on. ;)

976-HIKE

Lumber-Car-A.jpg

Well, it took about 14 weeks, but my GOBI roof rack finally arrived and is now on my Jeep. Just in time too because I'll start camping and hiking again in September (I don't do that in the summer months...hate the heat). The rack mounts to directly to the points for the factory side rails, so installation was a breeze aside from slinging 175 pounds onto the roof of a vehicle. I'll post two pictures and a link to a video below for those interested.

IMG_1156.jpg
IMG_1162.jpg

Here's the link to the video if you'd like to see it a bit more up close and personal.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy